John Renbourn Ladye Nothynge's Toye Puffe by Rbinding

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:46 pm

So, I really know guitars :woohoo: :silly:

Chris

Rbinding wrote:

The guitars in the background are an old Alvarez acoustic from high school...and a Collins CL Deluxe.

Ron

davidrfinn99165

Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:50 am

Good playing Ron ! I enjoyed that.

/ david

Craig

Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:03 pm

Nice job Ron, very well done! your guitar sounds really nice as well.

Craig

Music Junkie

Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:50 pm

Ron:

It's great to see you. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

I thought you did a beautiful job. I really liked the form when you would slide up, and then land the chord and especially the pinky. The pinky finger is something I have never developed. I also thought you had very good individual finger placement going on. As far as the pauses, I think that is purely a matter of time. For me, I have to get the chords and movements down solid enough that I can play some or all of it without looking at my fingering hand. Once I am able to do that, I am able to feel the song more, and play with a better flow. I really think you play quite well.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Jason

michelew

Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:16 pm

Rbinding wrote:

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

That's sounding really good Ron. You've obviously put a lot of work into it to have it flowing so smoothly, ... And doing it in front of the camera too, impressive.

You guitar sounds lovely.

M

auntlynnie

Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:35 am

Hi Ron,
Now that is one tough piece to play and I think you are doing a fine job with it!
I love how the guitar rings with the opening phrases - just lovely.
It looks and sounds like you've already got it memorized, so now it's just months of practice to get it to "performance" level...
plenty of time to have it ready for IGC 2016, right?

I hope you post a progress video in a couple of months. It would be motivating for all of us to see where you go with this.
Great job!

Lynn

jayswett

Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:56 am

As I was watching this video for the 7th or 8th time, I realized I have no idea what the song title means. Can someone enlighten me?

auntlynnie

Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:02 am

I second Jay's question.

BobR

Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:21 am

Hi Ron,

Very well played. The sound you are getting is really good.

Thanks for sharing

Happy New Year :)

bob

wrsomers

Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:44 am

jayswett wrote:
As I was watching this video for the 7th or 8th time, I realized I have no idea what the song title means. Can someone enlighten me?
Jay, Lynn
This is the closest I could find in answer to your questions:

This song was written as an exercise in writing in the idiom of Renaissance lute music. The curious title results from a playful combination of two traditions--one, of naming one's pieces after the people who butter one's bread, and two, pieces with no particular meaning embedded into them were often referred to as "Nothynges," "Toyes," or "Puffes."

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic