Beatles Yesterday by Craig

Craig

Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:35 pm

Dean,[/b]

Thank you for watching and taking the time to comment. You're right, picking up that guitar everyday is pretty easy to do!

I'm working on chord solos since I'm not comfortable with my singing voice but man, there's a lot of moving parts in hammer-ons, slides, and pull-offs which of course means more opportunities for me to clank some notes! :unsure:

Thanks again,

Craig

tombo1230

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Very nicely done Craig! I love the guitar it's a real beaut!

You are always very supportive to everyone else here at TG
so it is great that you are getting some nice feedback now yourself, as you really deserve it. :)

Tom N.

Craig

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:50 pm

Thanks Tom!

I think it's important to get out of your comfort zone, post a video, and put yourself out there. Unless you play at open-mics etc., which I don't, I think it's essential for growth. The great thing is this site is so positive and encouraging, and that goes a long way towards building confidence. I've always tried to give others that same feeling I get when I receive some nice feedback.

So, thanks for the support. I appreciate it!

Craig

BobR

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi Craig,

Very nicely played. I enjoyed it very much.

bob

jayswett

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:35 pm

Well done, Craig. Nice tone from that guitar.

Craig

Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:26 pm

Bob & Jay,

Thanks for watching. I appreciate your support, as always!

Craig

TGNesh

Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:08 am

What a fantastic job Craig!!!! :cheer: That sounded really sweet!

I in particular liked the pinches you did, with the notes played on a certain beat, but still separated. I hope you know what i mean. A 'rolling' chord or something...someone help me out, what do you call that? :S :dry: In any way, a great right hand-picking technique to have in your toolbox, well done!

I'm sure Neil would love to review your rendition, so i'll leave the suggestions to him. :)

And yeah, I sure remember when you bought this guitar, you showed it to me as happy as a little kid who just received a very expensive new toy. :laugh: :P And I can imagine, it's a beauty for sure! Thanks for showing us how well you're doing on it!

Ness

Craig

Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:39 pm

Thank you Vanessa!

As you know, you along with Neil, are my hero, mentor, guru, and idol so your words always mean a lot to me! I'm glad you like the "rolling" chord technique (I don't know the name either! :laugh: ). I'm trying to incorporate it into songs without overdoing it or losing the timing, but I think it adds a "fullness" so I'm glad to hear that you noticed and liked it!

I'm still like a little kid with that guitar :) I've started plugging it into a little amp I bought and it sounds great. The only problem is it amplifies my mistakes as well!! :S

Thanks again,

Craig

sandysue

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:43 pm

That was really nice Craig. I love the tone of your guitar, it has a beautiful mellow sound, and it's a really pretty guitar, I love the wood. I really enjoyed your video.

Sandy

Craig

Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:27 pm

Thank you Sandy!

I appreciate you taking the time to watch and comment. The guitar has me very spoiled for sure. It's koa wood that is just naturally beautiful. I like fingerpicking more than strumming so the sound of this guitar is really nice for that style.

thanks again,

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic