>>Target Members Only Student Video Review by Neil - Yesterday - The Beatles

wrsomers

Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi Everyone!

Today's Target members only student video reply by Neil is now live.

Take a look at Craig working on Yesterday by The Beatles and check out Neil's thoughts and comments on it.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... =1225#song

Craig

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:45 pm

Neil,

Thank you for the great review. A lot of easy fixes that will definitely help this song sound much cleaner. You asked if there was a reason behind the use of fingers on the C and D chords and the lack of thumb on the bass note. There is a reason, although probably not a good one! I've been working on "rolling" the chords, especially when they occur on beat 1 or 3. I think it sounds good and adds a "fullness" to the song. But, without really thinking about it, I've noticed that I was using fingers only when it was only three strings of the chord being played. For example in this arraignment, the C is only the C-B-G being played so I was using my index, middle, and ring finger to roll it. The same with the D chord. I'm certain you would want me to play the C with my thumb, index, and middle finger. I didn't realize that I was doing that until you pointed it out. I hope my explanation made sense!

Thanks again,

Craig

TGNeil

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:57 pm

Craig,

Thanks for the clarification and I figured it was that but I didn't want to presume in the review. You will be happier, and it will sound better with the thumb hitting those notes, much along the lines I was pushing with making the bass stand out more. Keep up the great work and let us all see the evolution...

Neil

familyman4

Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:22 am

Craig,

Great job on this song and wonderful feedback from Neil. Thank you for sharing your talent and your work in progress with us!

I have had this song on my "to do" list forever.... Maybe now, after watching you and seeing Neil's detailed feedback with those little things that can make a big impact, I will finally get on it?

Still loving that Taylor Koa guitar you're playing there. Looks as good as it sounds!

Thanks again!
Bart

willem

Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:43 am

familyman4 wrote:
Craig,

Great job on this song and wonderful feedback from Neil. Thank you for sharing your talent and your work in progress with us!

I have had this song on my "to do" list forever.... Maybe now, after watching you and seeing Neil's detailed feedback with those little things that can make a big impact, I will finally get on it?

Still loving that Taylor Koa guitar you're playing there. Looks as good as it sounds!

Thanks again!
Bart

EDIT: Not sure why this double posted??? Probably operator error. B) Maybe if I double post everything on the forum, someday I can have as many posts listed as Willem does? :woohoo:
not sure? Well you said you want to beat me on posting.. it is realy you that hit the upload or submit button twice,, patience you must have while you hit it ones..

how is your "your song" ?

Craig,,, congrats, great review and keep rolling the chords.

Willem (hitting the button ones now)

familyman4

Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:16 pm

Willem,

I do owe the forum an upload on "Your Song". As bad luck would have it, it is allergy season in Arizona. I've lost my voice a month ago and it is back to the point that I can talk now. (So much for the microphone) Singing is still out of the question though... Just cannot catch enough air without coughing and hacking. Sorry for the delay but I'll get to it soon.

Bart

willem

Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:34 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Willem,

I do owe the forum an upload on "Your Song". As bad luck would have it, it is allergy season in Arizona. I've lost my voice a month ago and it is back to the point that I can talk now. (So much for the microphone) Singing is still out of the question though... Just cannot catch enough air without coughing and hacking. Sorry for the delay but I'll get to it soon.

Bart
ah,, i am sorry for your allergy,, patience I have, be well.

willem ( not that I want to have a post again :laugh: B) )

Craig

Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:46 pm

Thanks Bart!

This song was on my to do list for a long time as well. It was Daryl and Buddy (I think) that posted singing versions a few months ago and that inspired me to finally get to work on it. I'm also happy that Neil's review will help you. The tips and advice he gives in his student reviews is always great. To have access to Neil Hogan in what amounts to a "private lesson" is incredible.

Thanks again,

Craig

spymee

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:27 am

Really Great Video. Thanks for sharing.

tombo1230

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:32 am

This is coming along nicely Craig. Keep going. You can't beat a classic beatles song.

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic