>>Target Members Only Student Video Review by Neil - Knockin' on Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan

rcsnydley

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi Everyone!

Today's Target members only student video reply by Neil is now live.

This time, we have Jorma working on Knockin' on Heaven's Door. Do not miss to check out Neil's reply.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... =1228#song

michelew

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:30 am

Jorma,

Congratulations on getting such a good review from Neil. You deserve it.

There's some good tips in there for the rest of us too.

Thanks for posting. We'll all benefit from your courage.

Michele

dekotaj

Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:56 am

Bravo Jorma.

Great old classic folk tune. The best to you and your guitar playing.

Hope to see more of you.
Thanks for sharing
Kev

TGNesh

Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:54 pm

Totally agree with Neil Jorma, very well done! How awesome that you've decided to just shoot a vid and upload it. :) I too thought you looked very relaxed and played so accordingly.

Looking forward to seeing more of you!

All the best,

Vanessa

Edit: Sorry, almost forgot, kudos for singing along too, that takes things to the next level for sure!

jweber71

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:42 am

Thank you Neil and thanks to all those that posted nice things about me! I went back and listened to the melody line as Neil suggested and I heard it going up in tone on the first line and go down in tone on the second line, then continuing to alternate like that. I am going to work on encorporating that along with the Am to C continuation in the chorus. Singing is my weak link and suggestions like that are valuable to me, thank you! I would love to see some stuff on how to make mediocre singing voices/vocal ranges work on songs. For example, I can play "decent enough" versions of many Neil Young tunes, but making the vocals work is a huge challenge. Maybe there's a way to "cheat" a bit and have it come out okay for a lot of songs?

Jorma

willem

Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:15 pm

jweber71 wrote:
Thank you Neil and thanks to all those that posted nice things about me! I went back and listened to the melody line as Neil suggested and I heard it going up in tone on the first line and go down in tone on the second line, then continuing to alternate like that. I am going to work on encorporating that along with the Am to C continuation in the chorus. Singing is my weak link and suggestions like that are valuable to me, thank you! I would love to see some stuff on how to make mediocre singing voices/vocal ranges work on songs. For example, I can play "decent enough" versions of many Neil Young tunes, but making the vocals work is a huge challenge. Maybe there's a way to "cheat" a bit and have it come out okay for a lot of songs?

Jorma
hi, you can find out what kind of male voice you have,, tenor, bariton, bass (soprano :woohoo: ),,
, if you know you can look what your range is..

Neil Young songs are hard to cover singin wise, you have to change the key with will fit your voice, or tune the guitar down a whole step, it will make a huge diffrents,, try it with ''heart of gold '' "old man".. (I don't claim that I nail NY songs that way but maybe you can)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic