Help?

lcintokyo

Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi,
Tried to upload a video for review through the uploader (keeping myself busy while everyone was at IGC), and it seemed to work, but it's not showing up anywhere on YouTube or here. Any ideas/advice for getting the video up?

Many thanks to all!
Luke

BigBear

Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:27 pm

Luke- did you submit a Support Ticket? They are usually very prompt getting back to you.

Happy playin'

Bear

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:44 pm

lcintokyo wrote:
Hi,
Tried to upload a video for review through the uploader (keeping myself busy while everyone was at IGC), and it seemed to work, but it's not showing up anywhere on YouTube or here. Any ideas/advice for getting the video up?

Many thanks to all!
Luke
Luke:

There are some problems from time to time with the uploader. I thought they had it fixed, but maybe not. Another way you can work it is to upload your video to Youtube directly, and then copy and paste the link in a new thread under the "Review" section. That is what others have done in the past.

J

tgjameela

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:23 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks for the post and I am sorry to say that we are once again experiencing technical difficulties with the uploader.

In the background we've been making some updates to the site in order to improve performance, and one of those changes has in fact created an issue with file size limitations on the student review uploader. So this is going to require a reconfiguration to how we currently process these video reviews.

While this may sounds like bad news, I thought it created the perfect opportunity to improve user experience as well, since TARGET member are using this feature most often, I would love to hear some of your suggestions on how you think it could be better, easier and even more fun to use.

I'll be playing around with the layout over the next couple days so please drop your suggestions on this thread so that we can take then into consideration.

Thanks!
Jameela

auntlynnie

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:58 pm

I sure wish I could help, but I can't even post a photo successfully - and that's entirely due to operator error.
Lynn

TGNeil

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:08 pm

auntlynnie wrote:
I sure wish I could help, but I can't even post a photo successfully - and that's entirely due to operator error.
Lynn
Hey Lynn,

I think I was the one who fixed your photo issue, probably by reducing the size in PhotoShop.

Neil

P.S. I say probably because most post-IGC events are very fuzzy around here still.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic