Old Crow Medicine Show Wagon Wheel by jweber71

jweber71

Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:43 pm

jweber71

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:08 pm

I guess the video didn't upload. I got a message from the site that it uploaded and would appear in this section, but I'm not sure that it did.

- Jorma

Craig

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:37 pm

I don't see anything. The Beatles, "Don't Let Me Down" lesson posted today was blank as well ???

TGNesh

Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:27 am

Well I don't know what happened either, bút I did manage to watch your video earlier today on YouTube.

In anyway, I thought you did a very good job both playing and singing it!!

I would love to offer some feedback, but need to watch it again. Still my first impression was that I thought you did very well!

Hold on, checked again, but you're video is still on YouTube.

I think my first impression still stands! The phrasing of the lyrics could be a challenge, but you seemed just fine singing it, while keeping the playing in time. So indeed, very well done Jorma!

Ness

jayswett

Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:47 pm

Love this song. It's always met with a raucous cheer when played at our local open mic.

You did a great job with this. I really liked the transition to the base/strum technique during the instrumental verse. The only thing I might suggest would be trying emphasize the note that you are hammering on while playing that last C chord (prior to heading back to the G).

Going back to watch it again.

jweber71

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:35 am

Thank you! Yeah, I'm not really a singer (which is obvious), and the amount of words in the third verse to fit into the measure along with the higher pitch is definitely a challenge! It doesn't come through in the video, but I was almost laughing out loud at myself trying to get through all those lyrics toward the end :)

What I think this needs is some melody played during the instrumental parts between verses, although, might be easier said then done.

- Jorma

P.S. I had the guitar tuned 1/2 step down to help my voice marginally be in key

auntlynnie

Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:56 pm

Great job!
I thought your strumming was very good, and honestly, your voice is fine! You are right on key as far as I can tell.
And it is a very good song choice.
Congrats!
Lynn

michelew

Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:44 pm

That was great Jorme.

Your playing is solid and your singing is just fine. I've found that I like my singing better when I'm more relaxed and feeling more confident (whatever the reason). Sitting in front of a camera is not very conducive to feeling relaxed, but somehow it gets less intimidating the more you do it.

Keep them coming.

Michele

tjwatson10167

Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Sure enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Ted

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic