Beatles Here Comes The Sun by Craig

Craig

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:22 pm

Something I've been working on during my Christmas vacation. I was playing this morning and decided to turn on the camera. Thanks for watching.

Craig

daryl

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:36 pm

WOW! I am super impressed. Seriously. I am seriously super impressed. Well done. You may not believe this but, I don't play "Here Comes the Sun" because I find it too hard to play. And you my friend, just played it beautifully! And the tone of your guitar was beautiful as well. Thanks for posting, you put a big smile on my face this morning.

Now questions for you....how did you feel during the recording?......how did you feel as you got near the end of the song?.....how did you feel after the last note?.....and how many takes did you go through?

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!

TGNesh

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:51 am

Original comment:

Awesome, grrrrrrrreat work Craig! And you got all the way through!! :cheer:

You have to be content with this right? Well you really should be.

I might have a little suggestion, but i'll wait for Neil first. :P

Thanks so much for sharing your playing with us my friend, so nice to see and hear you again! :kiss:

Ness

Ps. Please try the video for review uploader Craig (it's supposed to be working). I'm pretty sure you would love some guru feedback ;), and then Neil can get to it through the official ways.

jayswett

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:13 am

Wow. Really nice. Your best video since you (and the rest of us) started this TG journey. Very enjoyable video.

tombo1230

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:12 am

Well done Craig that’s not an easy tune to finger pick and you played it very steadily.
Great job!

Tom N.

TGNeil

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:18 am

Hey Craig,

I tried loading your video into the Student Review channel and it seemed to work. Did you try that first? In either case, I'd be happy to offer comments if you like over there.

Neil

Craig

Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Daryl - Thanks as always for your support. I think you might be the biggest Beatle fan on the site so I was hoping you would like it. As for your questions:

* I always get fumble fingers once I turn the camera on. I'm not as nervous as I used to get so I guess it's getting a little better with experience but it's still there for sure.
* At the end, if I think I have a decent take going, I usually start thinking "don't screw up now" which always leads to a screw up! :laugh: :laugh: So, I've changed my mind set to "you've got this" which may sound silly but psychologically it helps me.
* After the last note I'm usually a little relieved but happy if the last few notes are clean. I think it's huge to end the song clean even if there are mistakes along the way.
* This was the third take. The first one is usually a throw away because I'm trying too hard and I'm not relaxed enough. The second take was actually better than this one overall but I made a huge mistake right at the end which led to a lot of bad words! :laugh: I can't really get
through a song without mistakes somewhere so I end up picking the take with the least mistakes or the least glaring mistake. But if I have to do more than 3-4 takes, I figure I'm not proficient enough on that song to post it anyways and I'll work on it for another month or so.

Vanessa - Thank you so much my friend. Thought I would surprise you this time! Yes, getting all the way through is tough for me on songs like this. I can play the various parts well at different times but to string them all together is a different thing. As far as content? As you know, I'm my own worst critic but I was content enough to post it without feeling like I would be torturing people who chose to watch it!! :laugh:

Jay - Thanks for watching and the nice comment. I appreciate it since we have been together from the start and you've seen all of my bumps and bruises! And with you, I'm always so impressed that you do open mics! Hope the journey continues!

Tom - Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to watch and comment.

Neil - Yes please! Of course I always want your input. I think it's one of the great values of TG, to have access to lessons from you whenever we want. I didn't put it over there first because I know I'm doing some things that I can clean up and I didn't think it was fair to you to ask for a lesson until I've taken the song as far as I can on my own first. But since you asked, absolutely. Please & Thank You!

Craig

crieniecat

Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:09 pm

Late to the party, but what a pleasant surprise to find you here! B)
What an incredible pleasant and beautiful recording you've made.
Actually, so steady and so clean, well in my ears you always play so beautiful. It brought me straight back to hearing you play " If" for the first time when at your place.

Thank you for sharing this, and torturing?! :blink: NO WAY!! :woohoo:

Big hug
Corina.

Craig

Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:46 pm

Corina,

Thank you so much for the kind words! I think the Norah Jones song would be perfect for you! Hopefully we can see a video of that in the future?

Take care my friend,

Craig

crieniecat

Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:37 pm

Craig wrote:
Corina,

Thank you so much for the kind words! I think the Norah Jones song would be perfect for you! Hopefully we can see a video of that in the future?

Take care my friend,

Craig
Thank you Craig! I would Love to sing that song.... :)
Maybe you can learn to play it? B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic