>>Target Members Only Student Video Review by Neil - Rolling Stones Wild Horses by kannarummo

tgjameela

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's TARGET members only student video reply by Neil is now live.

Today we look at kannarummo working on Wild Horses by Rolling Stones .

Hope you enjoy!

Click here to check out the TARGET Student Review Channel

kannarummo

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:01 pm

Thank you, Neil, for the review.

I also heard the tempo in the intro part, which is an easy fix.

In the chorus, the C, B Am descent, was the only video of the three where I did not do C, Bm, Am. I hadn't actually changed it on purpose...I think it was a subliminal change by my body because the C to Bm was giving me a little problem, so it subconsciously delayed that move. I almost did not upload the video because I realized that.

The C-D evolved, I think, from matching the tempo of the hammer-ons during the G-Bm and G-Am transitions. I'll work that out.

I'm not a public person by nature. So, this is a bit outside my comfort, and I appreciate the encouragement.

TGNeil

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:01 am

Ken,

If I didn't make it clear in the Review, I think your rendition was fabulous and am so glad you put it out there. As I mentioned, missing the Bm on the descent to Am was not even audible, which I am sure you would have heard if it was. And I forgot to mention how smooth the hammer-ons were as fills in the verses. Great job on those!

And one of the best things all students can do to progress is to step (baby steps) outside the comfort zone. I am always proud as a teacher when a student comes back after a lesson where they thought what I asked them to do was impossible, and have made some progress on it. This could be a week or many months afterwards, but it is huge in their development.

So congrats in a big way on what you have done and the small things, all within reach, that will take it even further.

Neil

Craig

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:48 pm

Ken,

I read your comment that this was outside of your comfort. I just want to say that I think doing these videos are outside of the majority of people's comfort. The problem is we are self conscience by nature, and our own worst critics. The fact that you took the leap to do it is fantastic and will only help you progress. In my opinion, your video was good. This is a difficult song to sing and your playing was good. Neil gave you some great advice to help you clean it up a little bit. With a little practice you will have a great song under your belt.

Keep up the good work and keep posting videos.

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic