John Fahey The Last Steam Engine Train by jayswett

jayswett

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:02 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

This was a single take of The Last Steam Engine Train. It's rough, and I'm finally comfortable with the notion of not taking the time to make these videos perfect (well, you know what I mean) for uploading. But the point is to submit it for Neil's analysis, and here it is. No doubt with more practice and some pointers from Neil it will be better in a month. I've been working on this off an on for a month or so. Thanks for having a look.
Jay

Craig

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:24 am

Nice work Jay! You’ve got a solid base on this song for sure. There’s a lot going on with your pinky which usually creates problems for me. I like the slides up the neck, very cool and “bluesy” sounding!
I agree completely with posting video for review while still a work in progress. The longer I wait to get it “perfect” the more ingrained the mistakes and more difficult to fix after Neil’ review.
Great to see your video and great work on this song. I’m looking forward to Neil’s suggestions.

Craig

jayswett

Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:36 pm

Thanks Craig.

Yes, I can see already that my pinky needs to be much more precise. The notes are not at all clear. Also, I need to slow this down quite a bit. I'm not good enough to do it at this speed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic