Marmalade Reflections of My Life by Craig

Craig

Sun May 26, 2019 9:12 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

TGNeil

Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 pm

Hey Craig,

Quick response... absolutely fabulous! More comments soon,

Neil

Craig

Sun May 26, 2019 9:46 pm

I asked Neil for a lesson on this song after hearing him play it during one of the weekly news/updates. Sure enough, not too long after there it was! I was so excited thinking how cool is that? To have access to an instructor like Neil Hogan is incredible! So, I figure the least I could do is post a lesson for review so I can hopefully move it along and let him know I really was going to learn it!

As a disclaimer (excuse :laugh: ), in the second half of the chorus Neil suggests playing a G 9th bar chord which I could hit cleanly maybe 50/50, or more like 30/70, it is really difficult for me. So as I was doing this, about two measures before that chord, I totally chickened out and decided to just play the regular G7 chord which screwed me up mentally on the next measure of C so... but, I didn't want to do 38 takes in hopes of stumbling into a clean G9 chord so here it is, warts and all!

Thanks for watching.

Craig

michelew

Sun May 26, 2019 10:06 pm

Craig,

I think they are the loveliest warts I’ve ever seen and heard. Well done.

I get how an in-performance decision can mess with your head. You rescued it beautifully.

All in all a really enjoyable performance; smooth, sensitive and skillful. There are some real stretches in there too.

Lovely job. Thanks so much for sharing. We need more of these sorts of posts. ... many, many more.

Love your work.

Shel

Craig

Sun May 26, 2019 10:21 pm

Thanks Shel!

It means a lot to me coming from you since we have been on this journey together for 10 years now!!

Your TG Friend,

Craig

TGNesh

Mon May 27, 2019 3:39 pm

A bit of a quick response here too, but wow.....that was awesome Craig!! :cheer:

Well done on that 4 position-D chord, and also some nice sliding up and down! The thing i loved in particular were the 'rolls' you put in here and there, such a great technique to have.

Now i really can't wait to play together in real time again! ;) :kiss:

Ness

MarkM

Mon May 27, 2019 6:54 pm

Craig,

That was wonderful to watch and listen to. I enjoyed it very much!! Hope all is well and I noticed you are playing a very fine instrument there. Nice tone!!!

Take care,

MarkM

tombo1230

Mon May 27, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi Craig,
Very very nice. What a lovely tune. You’re looking like you are comfortable
moving up and down the fretboard, it was a real joy to watch and hear you play. I see a lot of progress in you playing. Keep it up.

Thanks for sharing!

Tom N.

Craig

Tue May 28, 2019 12:04 am

Vanessa, - Thank you so much. The D chord forces me to not be so lazy and get in good hand position so that is always good. I appreciate you noticing the rolls. I've been trying to incorporate them here and there without going too overboard on them so I'm really happy that you mentioned it! As far as playing together in real time... I can't wait! Margaritas by the pool with Molly joining us..awesome!!! Do I have to sing??? :dry:

MarkM - Hey Mark! How great to hear from you! I'm sooo happy that you are still around! I miss the "good old days". Maybe you'll post something in the future? The guitar is a Taylor K24ce which is just incredible... way beyond my abilities for sure but I still love it! Thanks for checking in on me.

Tom - We've both been around for a while now and you have seen all of my bumps and bruises over the years so when you say you see the progress it means a lot to me. Thank you for taking the time to watch and comment.

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic