Simon And Garfunkel Bridge Over Troubled Water by nconroy

tgjameela

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:58 am

Hi Everyone,

We have a new student upload from KOA Member nconroy, working on Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon And Garfunkel.

"I rarely sing (because I'm self-conscience about my neighbors hearing me), but I thought I'd try a singing song. Thanks so much for this lesson/arrangement. The runs may be a little slow... I could speed them up and land on the G bass note on the run before I start singing (as it is I'm landing on a B). Also, I noticed I wasn't hitting the B bass note on the "+" of four for the B7 chord. Watching myself is painful... I definitely need to learn how to relax. "When I'm 64" is coming along... thanks for the help. I'll get to recording that again here soon. Also, I'm working on Dan Fogelberg's "Wysteria" (off his 1st album; the green one) and would like, if possible, your assistance in dressing it up a bit. This is another song for singing. Qobuz (my streaming service) has a 2 CD "Live at Carnegie Hall" package from him from 1979 where he is all by himself. "Stars" and "Souvenirs" were standouts regarding guitar finger picking. I guess "Leader of the Band" wasn't written yet. "Same Old Lang Syne" made it though."

Check out nconroy's progress in the video below.

We'll update this thread and the Student Review Page once Neil's reply is available.

Enjoy!

https://totallylessons.com/student-reviews/387

TGNeil

Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:45 pm

Hey Neal,

I will get to a video review soon but my knee jerk reaction is...
Blown away!

This is fabulous in many respects, regardless of some small blems. You did not follow the script in the lesson, which I think was the point of the lesson in the first place, so very well done. And other than a descending bass note that should have been C# and not C, I wish I could play and sing it that well, or at least sing it that well...

More on video soon,

Neil

thereshopeyet

Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:04 pm

Hello N Conroy

I enjoyed your rendition of "Bridge Over Troubled Waters"

You look comfortable playing and singing the song and it sounds great.

Nice guitar too.

Dermot

:D

tgjameela

Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:02 pm

Hi Everyone!

Neil's reply is now live on the Student Review page, click here to check it out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic