Patsy Cline, Strange by Ysela Lujan

tgjameela

Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a new student upload from Platinum Member Ysela Lujan, working on Strange by Patsy Cline.

"I just started in May 2020. I've had TG since last year, have been talking about starting guitar for many many many years. It was corona virus that finally got me started. I had a thwarted vacation (thanks Covid 19) yet still had the time off from work. I told myself everyday for 20min (for 2 weeks) and it worked. I've been able to keep up a near daily practice time since. Keep in mind I'm a NEWBIE. This is my first ever completed song and my first submission. I don't even know how to finger pick yet. Please excuse the Saturday hair and attire. :)"

Check out Ysela Lujan's progress in the video below.

We'll update this thread and the Student Review Page once Neil's reply is available.

Enjoy!

https://totallylessons.com/student-reviews/388

thereshopeyet

Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:28 pm

Hello Ysela Lujan

Great siniging and guitar playing together, well done.
That's a solid strumming movement.

There are many fingerpicking songs on the TG website
What might you want to play?

Dermot

:D

TGNesh

Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:24 pm

Wow.....Ysela, I'm impressed! For what you've accomplished so far, and for jumping in by uploading your video. I loved your vocals too btw.

All in all, very well done, and Neil will likely have some pointers for you to pay attention to.

Thanks for sharing Ysela!

(As for the Saturday hair and attire, it actually reminded me of me, tanktop and all. :lol: )

tgjameela

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:43 pm

Hi Everyone!

Neil's reply is live now on the Student Review page, he also included an attachment for Strange.

Click here to check it out his reply to Ysela's upload!

Enjoy!
Strange Chart.jpg
Strange Chart.jpg (166.85 KiB) Viewed 9608 times

Ysela Lujan

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:05 pm

Thanks for the feedback Dermot.
You know there are so so many songs I want to learn and I feel like I may be a pick/strummer type of player. All the ones I'm interested in are like that. But I would like to def try and learn to fingerpick, I just have to pick an easy one to start. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Ysela

thereshopeyet wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:28 pm
Hello Ysela Lujan

Great siniging and guitar playing together, well done.
That's a solid strumming movement.

There are many fingerpicking songs on the TG website
What might you want to play?

Dermot

Ysela Lujan

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback Vanessa. Really, its tank tops all the time with me tbh. :)

I was a bit unsure about submitting a video but I'm really glad I did. Neil gave me some great pointers to make my simple song more interesting without necessarily making it any harder. I'm not at the point where I can do any of that at all myself so I'm glad for the help.

Cheers,
Ysela

TGVanessa wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:24 pm
Wow.....Ysela, I'm impressed! For what you've accomplished so far, and for jumping in by uploading your video. I loved your vocals too btw.

All in all, very well done, and Neil will likely have some pointers for you to pay attention to.

Thanks for sharing Ysela!

(As for the Saturday hair and attire, it actually reminded me of me, tanktop and all. :lol: )

Craig

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:57 pm

Great job Ysela! Very enjoyable and really happy you shared your video with us!

Craig

thereshopeyet

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:51 pm

Hello Ysela

You'd be be best to choose something you like, as you did with Strange, that way you'll look forward to picking up the guitar and stick with it as you did here.

What had you in mind for fingerpicking ?

Dermot

michelew

Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:03 pm

Ysela,

A newbie you say! Damn! Add gutsy, a fast learner and talented to the list.

Very cool upload. Patsy is a legend and your voice is perfect for her music. I’m particularly impressed with the phrasing of your singing. The amount of emotion and the way she draws things out is challenging to sing. You’re not only singing with gusto, you’re playing too. Brilliant.

Keep them coming.

M

Lisa.C

Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi Ysela,

Lisa here (we met a while back at a couple of open mics).!! I am so happy you have taken up guitar. You sound natural playing and singing at the same time! Thank you for posting your song. So funny, I had the 20-minute practice rule, too.

I also mostly gravitate toward pick/strumming songs but my favorite finger-picking songs are "Have you Ever" (Vanessa's lesson) and anything from Stevie Nicks (Landslide?),

Hope to see you at a virtual open mic sometime soon!
Cheers,
Lisa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic