Let It Be Me by SFlier

TGNeil

Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:31 pm

Here is Steve's most recent upload of The Everly Brothers' classic-

Review coming soon but comments are certainly welcome.

jayswett

Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:35 pm

I don't know this song, but certainly enjoyed watching you play it. Doesn't look easy.

Craig

Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:58 pm

Great job on a great song Steve! The hammer-ons, slides, and notes with your pinky all came out really clean. Your guitar sounds great too!

Thanks for sharing.

Craig

TGNeil

Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:46 pm

Hey Steve,

Sorry this has taken so long but I have been getting carried away with this and it might turn into a whole lesson, particularly in adding in the higher part, or even combining them. Hopefully I will make some decisions and suggestions soon.
In any case, your version is great as it is and I might just expand on it. Good job with the melody, or the lower part. I got caught up in listening to Jim Bruno's lesson at TotallyVocals where he and Frank do each part separately, although they are in the key of E. Take a listen to it here Let It Be Me.

Neil

sflier

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:43 pm

Take your time, Neil. I’m in no rush. Given the tight vocal harmony I tried to put mainly double stops into the melody for the verse, and avoid them in the chorus, which are sung as solo rather than harmony.

TGNeil

Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Hey Steve, and all interested parties,

Your upload of Let It Be Me sent me down a rabbit hole working on a solo arrangement, which I may turn into a whole lesson soon. In the meantime, a Review is up with some thoughts now. Hit the Student Reviews link on the Lessons page, or check it here-

Let It Be Me Review

Neil
Let It Be Me (vocal parts).png
Let It Be Me (vocal parts).png (53.33 KiB) Viewed 7271 times

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic