Landslide by Ysela

TGNeil

Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:37 pm

Hi Everybody,
We have a review of Ysela playing Landslide.

michelew

Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:16 pm

Ysela,

This is AWESOME!! You are doing FANTASTICALLY! You’re doing so many things at the same time that aren’t automatic yet; it’s no wonder your brain is exploding.

It’s already sounding good and as it comes together it will get better and better. Your voice is just perfect for this too.

I’m really floored that you can sing when you’re still getting the playing together. I get that you need the words to know where you’re up to. When I’m learning a new song, I play it against a slowed down version of the original. I use a program called Amazing Slow Downer; it allows me to change the pitch and the tempo. There are others of course.

Great job! Keep it up

Michele

carolm242

Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:36 am

Hi Ysela!
I'm just getting to view your video of Landslide and wow you are doing great for just starting fingerpicking!! It's so much harder to sing and fingerpick and you are already making it look easy. (You have a really nice singing voice too)
I enjoyed hearing you play, It sounded great!!!
Carol

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:44 am

Hi Ysela, sorry I am late to the party! Very nice job on Landslide. Your voice carries the song beautifully and I know that you will already much further on with your picking by the time I post. Not at all easy to pick while singing this one.... and I get your point about anchoring it with the singing as I find myself doing that too. This will be so much fun for you once you have nailed the picking.... which I think you will do very soon. Well done!

Chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic