My Guitar

BigBear

Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:24 pm

My main guitar is a Larrivee L-10 custom. It has the Robin Hood headstock. It has an Englemann spruce top which sounded like crap when I had it made and now it sounds wonderful with some age on it. I can't believe the difference a few years makes. I put a 12-string neck on it for fingerstyle playing but I crushed my hand in a tractor accident so I don't fingerstyle as well as I used to. But Jean Larrivee makes one hell of a guitar and Wendy is the master of beautiful inlays.

I also have a Taylor 855 12-string that sounds stunning. I bought it new and cheap ($1,200) from a Taylor dealer who said everybody loved to play it but nobody would plunk down for it. So I did. Best decision I ever made. I used to have a Guild 12-string but the Taylor sounds much better; brighter with a better bottom end plus Taylors have superb necks on them, so easy to play.

I also play a Taylor 314-CE that I leave in DADGAD or some other tuning just for messing around. Great little guitar that I bought for campfirin' but it's really too nice for that.

And my Gibson Les Paul Studio is to remind me that I was a headbanger back in the 70's!! A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away!!

No more guitars for me or I'll be looking for a good lawyer (oxymoron, I know) and a new wife who can understand why "anybody needs more than one guitar because you can only play one at a time)!!

sledge57

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:06 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
Hey Sledge, that is an awesome looking guitar what is it?
Thanks, I love that guitar.

It's an Epiphone Wildkat, had it for about a month now.

Also spent a lot of money getting it setup and all it's little problems fixed but it was worth it in the end.

Plays sweet.

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:05 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
Chas - awesome video. I love that Cole Clark guitar. I wish my bank could afford to buy me one.
Mine is on 'drip feed' hire purchase' They are really cool guitars, Brad Clark used to be CEO for Maton guitars and certainly knows his stuff. Thes guyitars are unique in that the pick up system uses a facebrace system i.e. series of piezo pickups under the top of the guitar and also traditional piezo sytem under the saddle. The controls allow you to blend between the two simply awesome sound. The neck joint is not bolt on or dovetail joint it is done in the traditional Spanish style and the body is built into and around it.

s2welee

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Guild D40 Bluegrass (67) my baby, Yamaha FG-720s (my beater) and a Fender Squire Strat modded with dual humbukers (not acoustic I know, but it is a cool guitar):P

rcsnydley

Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:29 am

Chasplaya wrote:
rcsnydley wrote:
Chas - awesome video. I love that Cole Clark guitar. I wish my bank could afford to buy me one.
Thes guyitars are unique in that the pick up system uses a facebrace system i.e. series of piezo pickups under the top of the guitar and also traditional piezo sytem under the saddle. The controls allow you to blend between the two simply awesome sound.
My Seagull Maritime mini-jumbo has a the under saddle system and also a mic from the electronic box on a six inch boom to just below the sound hole. You can play straight under saddle or blend in the mic 'in phase' or 'out of phase' with the under saddle. Great for tailoring the sound and notching out troublesome frequencies.

chuck9997

Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:53 am

Right now I have a new Epiphone ej-200.. It's beautiful.. and I am very pleased with the sound, feel.. etc. For the $$.. it's the git-fiddle for me.

Yesterday, at Guitar Center.. I played the guitar I want.. when I can bring myself to pay the $$.. a Gibson J45. Sometimes there is a difference when you spend more money!

buddhabobo

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:02 pm

Wow, here goes, 1982 Yamaha fg512,2007 Mitchell 12 string, 1976 Ibanez M340 Concorde (my fave) 1996 Ovation Pinnacle 6 string, 2006 Ovation cc057 6 string, 1999 Ibanez artwood six string and my latest, 2009 Dobro Houndog resonator-ultra cool! If you don't have a resonator you should really consider getting one, they are a blast to mess around with especially with open tunings and a slide!

RicksPick

Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:28 am

Hi
well mine is,,,,wait for it!!!!!

A second hand Tanglewood
Hold on I'll look inside for the model No
err TW-400N

Had it for approx 10 years love it
Just love to play it
Bashed many a tune on it
Cost £50

RicksPick

pak452

Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:12 pm

Have a Yamaha FG-365S. I've had it since the early or mid 80's.
I also have a fender strat and Peavey amp. The strat is mexican made. I bought it used, and it sounds great.

acoustom

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:46 pm

I play a McPherson 4.5 Carpathian/Ziricote. What a great guitar. I love it!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic