Neil Hogan's 'pick' guitar playing

bernard

Sun May 17, 2009 6:38 am

Hi Neil, I have always admired your guitar playing and especially your playing for 'chord/melody' style, can I obtain a 'tablature' from you of the song "Nights In White Satin", where you play in this style?
Many thanks,
Kind regards,
Bernard Watkinson
email: [email protected]

jayswett

Thu May 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi Bernard,

There are a lot of songs where the Play Through part includes playing the melody but in the lesson I just go over more basic stuff. As I catch up on things here at TG I will be adding segments to some of the lessons that demonstrate that style.

I don't know that those parts will include TAB as in order to play them musically there must be some degree of improvisation involved. This by itself makes these more advanced lessons. Any song I do this with is pretty much improvised on the spot and not carefully worked out.

In any case, I do plan on addressing this as we move forward.

Neil

rcsnydley

Fri May 22, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi Neil,

I just wanted to say that I also would love to see more on the Chord/Melody style. I have been attempting it for a while now and still need some work/insights on it. I never quite seem to get it like I want it. Perhaps it is just from lack of experience with it. I also seem to have a hard time working out what to do.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing more on this style.

Keep Playing
Ric

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic