Cole Clark Guitars what do you think??

micke1967

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:28 am

Hi all
Im thinking about buying a new acoustic guitar.
And I found a brand on the net from Australia called Cole Clark.
http://www.coleclarkguitars.com/index.asp

Now in sweden where I live they are pretty unknown but are starting to get suppliers and where recently mentioned in a guitar magazine and was reviewed as being a really good guitar. The series reviewed was named "Fat Lady".
Whith such a name what could go wrong.
Anyway Im really hooked on the Fat Lady 3 since its just gorgeous...
So gotta try it...soon...

Anyway i was sort of hoping to get your opinions on this guitar and espacially if you own one.

I have seen on the net that they are really popular in Australia and their main luthiers actually used to work at Maton which I guess is about the same range as Martin guitars in Europe and the US.

So hoping for some response...be great

Best Regards Micael from Sweden:)

Andersson 92

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:23 am

Gött med en svensk här på TG :). Kan tyvärr däremot inte hjälpa dig.

tgjameela

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Waiting for Chasplaya's response....

He owns one.

livingspace

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi Micael,
My mate bought a fat lady 3 days ago, I went to the store with him to check it out.
My first impression was awesome looking guitar, queensland maple and bunya top. All solid timbers in Cole clark range , no veneers! the guitar is suprisingly light, apparently this is due to the construction of the top sound board and neck. Any way its about playabilty and sound! these guitars in my opinion would be my choice over a more expensive maton!
I also was told clark was maton head luthier? and he has a point to prove ?
We also play this guitar through a fender acoustic amp again I was impressed at the tones. See info about pick ups, on web
I dont know if shop had tweak the guitar but set up off the rack was great I would buy one if I had the cash !!
cheers jeff

micke1967

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:19 am

Hi
Yepp I think Mr Clark actually was fired from Maton so your likely correct in assuming that he want to prove some points...
Who knows...
And judging from the reviews I see on the net hes done a good job so far...
Cheers

Chasplaya

Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:25 pm

gingold wrote:
Waiting for Chasplaya's response....

He owns one.
I actually thought I had replied, but problems with my ISP sometimes means things don't work properly. Yes I have a Cole Clark and recommend them to anyone considering buying a top end guitar. Mine is a FL1AC the description has already been given on another thread. But they are made in Australia out of native sustainable timbers, also the construction method is a mix of traditional Spanish construction and the us of modern technology CNC routers etc.

Soundwise mine is still only about 6mths young but already the Fat Lady sings (Thats what the FL stands for) They use a unique pick up system with piezo's on a facebrace on the guitar top and also piezos under the bridge and you can manipulate/mix the sound between them both.

I emailed the company once and got a response from Brad Clark and since then have established a dialogue, how many CEO of companies communicate direct with customers!

I don't know the pricing structure around the world but mine was around $1700NZ comparable and slightly cheaper than Martins or Matons direct competitors here in NZ.

Try one out if you can, play it through a good quality acoustic amp and I guarantee you will like the sound. PS, I'm not on the payroll lol

Lefty

Tue May 05, 2009 3:20 am

Micke, I doubt you will ever regret buying a Cole Clark. They make world class guitars.
Though I don't currently own one, I have in the past.
Very comparable to Matons, and I believe Martins too.
Why don't I still play a CC? Because Maton produce left handed guitars in every model they make, and regrettably, CC do not.:(

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic