Scoring software and TAB

Guitarmom

Mon May 04, 2009 11:54 am

Does anyone else on TG use computer software for scoring that can scan sheet music and convert to TAB? If so, do you find the tab conversions accurate? I am just learning TAB and I don't want to struggle with something that is scored incorrectly. When I play it back within the software, it sounds appropriate for the piece, but whether the TAB is the most accurate and positions fingers and hands appropriately, I don't know. Any input appreciated.

I use Sibelius, Finale & Photoscore for standard notation when I am scoring vocal parts, so I am familiar with the programs, but the TAB part is still a bit confusing. I need to find a bridge between the standard clefs and TAB.

Best,

Rev Kate

6string

Mon May 04, 2009 3:05 pm

There are programs that can actually scan sheet music and convert it to tab?

Guitarmom

Mon May 04, 2009 3:19 pm

Absolutely. The problem is I don't know how good the TAB it creates is... because I am just starting to learn TAB.

6string

Mon May 04, 2009 3:32 pm

do you have a link or name?

Guitarmom

Tue May 05, 2009 6:22 am

I use Sibelius and Finale and find they are both wonderful programs for notation. Using Sibelius is more user friendly and easier to use. The same company makes specialty versions as well. You can go from notation to TAB, TAB to notation, midi to notation etc. If you intend to scan, that software is an additional cost. Go to sibelius.com and chek it out completely before you buy anything, to make sure it will do what you want. I think they have a demo version as well.

6string

Tue May 05, 2009 8:19 am

k tks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic