What do you practice and for how long?

spags

Fri May 15, 2009 10:33 pm

this has been very interesting. i like hearing what everyone does in their routine.

ric - i read that article you posted, seemed like it was written for me :)

rcsnydley

Fri May 15, 2009 10:53 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed the article. If yo go to the top of the article and click on the word "Articles" it will give you a whole page of great articles on a wide range of musical topics.

I fact even easier, here's the link

http://tomhess.net/Articles.aspx

Keep Playing
Ric

Chasplaya

Fri May 15, 2009 10:56 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
This may not be a practice schedule or what to practice, but it is a great article about how to setup a practice schedule.

http://tomhess.net/PracticeGuitar.aspx

Keep Playing
Ric
I read this article some time ago it was published on another site, whilst it makes sense and a few people have made sense with their regimes, an important factor is self discipline in designing your program and sticking to it. Personally I am shocking lol, I get so easily distracted I start off with good intent, then off I go on some tangent. The best I ever did was when I had a regular weekly lesson to attend. I didn't want to be embarrased so I did the work. However, I still try and extend myself playing new stuff over and over, even getting the cd and repeating it in the car on the way to work (drives my wife nuts lol) Repetition generally alwasy works. Another thing I like is getting together with some freinds this works and challenges you.

spags

Fri May 15, 2009 11:01 pm

awesome ric thanks. looks like lots of good material here. you should let guitarmom know about this link, she is recovering from surgery and is looking for info to read while she can't play.

rcsnydley

Fri May 15, 2009 11:05 pm

Good idea spags, I'll send that along to her.
Thanks

Keep Playing
Ric

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic