Learning without strings

Chasplaya

Sat May 16, 2009 12:21 am

rcsnydley wrote:
Kate, here is a link to some great article on guitars and all things musical. Lots of good reading.

http://tomhess.net/Articles.aspx

Keep Playing (or reading)
Ric
Kate i'll second that. I have Tom Hes links on my work computer via a different site which I can't recall just at present. A lot of worthwhile reading. And a lot of distractions lol

RicksPick

Sat May 16, 2009 3:22 am

Get well soon Kate
Good to hear the outlook is good
RicksPick

BigBear

Fri May 22, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi Kate! So sorry to hear about your surgery and I know you're chomping at the bit to get back at it!

I have to have left-hand tendon surgery for a "trigger finger". Have you heard of this? I'm putting it off because I am worried about being "off the strings" for months. Thanks to Neil and others I'm making some great progress right now.

Was your surgery similar and if so, is the recovery really 6-8 weeks?

Good luck and best wished for a very speedy recovery.

Rick

Guitarmom

Sat May 23, 2009 8:56 am

The surgery I had was for trigger finger, but when he had my hand opened, he found that the tendon had frayed, so it was a little more extensive than normal trigger finger. The surgery was 2.5 weeks ago and I could bend my finger again the day of the surgery! In my case it will require additional exercising to stretch the tendon he repaired. I can see that it won't be long though. The stitches come out next week, and now there is no pain! I am on the mend! He said go ahead and use my hand as I normally would. Its tender, and practice (shorter than normal because my hand gets tired quickly) is actually helping the stretching exercise more than the ones he recommended, so he said keep it up. I have FULL mobility now (albeit very stiff), and I can see that if everything continues to heal at the same rate, I'll be completely back in about 2 weeks. (total 5 weeks) It was a 45 minute surgery done under a local. Good luck!

Peace,

Rev Kate

spags

Sat May 23, 2009 12:40 pm

great to hear that you're doing well!

Chasplaya

Sat May 23, 2009 5:35 pm

Good to hear your on the mend and back practising cheers Chas

larry g

Sun May 24, 2009 11:30 am

May I ask what "trigger finger" is, and what causes it?

rcsnydley

Sun May 24, 2009 11:45 am

Larry - Here is a link to some info on Trigger Finger.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00024

Keep Playing
Ric

BigBear

Sun May 24, 2009 12:10 pm

Ric-

Good link! I hadn't seen that one but it's very accurate especially the part about diabetics and multiple fingers. It's not much fun especially in your fingering hand.

Guitarmom

Sun May 24, 2009 1:13 pm

Excellent link on Trigger Finger. It was an exact description of what happened in my right hand... and I am a diabetic. They injected the palm of my hand on two occasions with multiple injections of cortisone and it only lasted for about a week each time. Hard to describe it to someone, and that nailed it to a "t". Thanks! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic