The Guitar Reference Library

Guitarmom

Fri May 15, 2009 6:14 pm

Just a thought for a new header. Earlier today Neil suggested a book that would be a book to add to my library. Perhaps, as the months pass, he can add additional books, scores, reference charts and more into a reference library.

The category might have sub categories dividing into Secular / Sacred / Traditional / Contemporary genres. Then...Classical, Bluegrass, Country, Folk, Rock etc. Other areas might key on history or music from USA, Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany etc.

Another area could include music written by the TG members themselves!!
We might find budding Lyricists that can be matched up with Musicians.

Many of us provide music for special occasions. As a Minister I have lists that Brides and Grooms have requested for their ceremonies. Musicians that play for Receptions might provide the types of music that the public find most popular.

I can see TG turning into the definitive place online for information of every type for Guitar.

What do you think?

Best,

Rev Kate

Chasplaya

Fri May 15, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi Kate, I think this site has already become a bit of a repositary for all things guitar although it could benefit from a bit more order. A good idea nevertheless, but maybe a big ask for the administrators already busy chaps I'd imagine

spags

Fri May 15, 2009 8:27 pm

that's a pretty good idea guitarmom...

Guitarmom

Fri May 15, 2009 8:49 pm

My thought was that the TG crew would set up the Directories / Child Boards, and the members would populate the specific sections. We come from around the world, and the countries in which we live influence our music. I am hoping that this section might become a melting pot of world guitarists sharing music that surrounds them. Just a thought.

Peace

rcsnydley

Fri May 15, 2009 11:03 pm

I think it's great idea, Kate, you have my vote.

And a far as posting original songs I have a few at my SoundClick page, check them out if you'd like. Especially "Keep Lovin' You" and "Let Me Go".

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... did=942007

Keep Playing
Ric

spags

Fri May 15, 2009 11:14 pm

wow ric just checked out those two songs. good stuff man. i really like "keep lovin you". is that you singing? if so you have a great voice. really like the lyrics to the song too.

rcsnydley

Fri May 15, 2009 11:19 pm

Thanks spags. Yes, that is me singing. I think I am a better singer than guitar player, but with Neil's help maybe I can get my guitar playing going too.
I wrote that song on a cold dreary November day, which in Vermont is just about every November day.

Keep Playing
Ric

spags

Fri May 15, 2009 11:25 pm

nice. well keep it up, you're doin great!

nov in vt isnt all that bad, there were a bunch of good snowboarding days at killington this past nov.

so any chance i could convince you to post the cords and lyrics to "keep lovin you"? and maybe even the strum pattern?

rcsnydley

Fri May 15, 2009 11:38 pm

So you ride at Killington, huh? I never have, but the guy who helped me with those two songs does, he also works for Burton Snowboards in Burlington.
I will give you the chords and lyrics if you'd like. I will send you a friend invite then I can get them to you that way. I have never worked out the strum pattern, but if you can't work it out from listening to it I will give it a shot. I can tell you the song is in 3/4 time.

Keep Playing
Ric

spags

Fri May 15, 2009 11:43 pm

good stuff. a couple of my buddies and i have season passes at killington so we try to get up there as often as possible. you have to try the mountain out, it's incredible.

i just realized we hijacked this thread. sorry about that guitarmom...

i'll look for the friend request, thanks again ric.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic