The Guitar Reference Library

Chasplaya

Sat May 16, 2009 12:36 am

Guitarmom wrote:
My thought was that the TG crew would set up the Directories / Child Boards, and the members would populate the specific sections. We come from around the world, and the countries in which we live influence our music. I am hoping that this section might become a melting pot of world guitarists sharing music that surrounds them. Just a thought.

Peace
I don't mean to be negative as this is a cool idea. But if you look at the existing directories a lot of what you suggest is there or sprinkled throughout. What is almost needed is a new index and a bit more rigid enforcement by admin or moderators. One site I used to belong to had members being appointed as moderators in the forum and responsible for certain directories, this was MySongBook (MSB) and this concept worked well.

BigBear

Sat May 30, 2009 1:37 am

You mean brides and grooms don't just ask for "The Wedding Song" or "Annies Song" anymore? ;-)

rcsnydley

Sat May 30, 2009 8:42 am

As a matter of fact, I am playing the "Wedding Song" at my daughters wedding today. I found several "versions" online and between that and listening to Paul Stookey play it on Youtube, I think I have a very nice and true enough version.

Keep Playing
Ric

jjohnson63

Sat May 30, 2009 10:02 am

...tried to weather the tempest had to keep movin on.. i agree! that song is nice

rcsnydley

Sat May 30, 2009 10:09 am

jjohnson, thanks for the encouraging words. I always thought that "Let Me Go" was the better song, but everyone else seems to like "Keep Lovin' You", go figure.

Keep Playing
Ric

BigBear

Sat May 30, 2009 1:52 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
As a matter of fact, I am playing the "Wedding Song" at my daughters wedding today. I found several "versions" online and between that and listening to Paul Stookey play it on Youtube, I think I have a very nice and true enough version.
Ric- it's still a great song! Noel wrote it for Peter's wedding and didn't even intend for it to go public but it was too good to ignore!

Play it great and good luck at the wedding! I can't think of anything cooler than having my dad play his guitar at my wedding!!

Guitarmom

Sat May 30, 2009 3:02 pm

Ric...

Please pass on my sincere congratulations to your daughter and her new husband!

I offer this as my gift to the newlyweds...

May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, The rains fall soft upon the fields. May the light of friendship guide your paths together. May the laughter of children grace the halls of your home. May the joy of living for one another trip a smile from your lips, A twinkle from your eye. And when eternity beckons, at the end of a life heaped high with love, May the good Lord embrace you with the arms that have nurtured you the whole length of your joy-filled days. May you see your children's children. May you be poor in misfortune, Rich in blessings, May you both know nothing but happiness From this day forward. May the gracious God hold you both in the palm of His hands. And, today, may the Spirit of Love find a dwelling place in your hearts.

Blessings & Joy,

Rev Kate

BigBear

Sat May 30, 2009 8:07 pm

Guitarmom wrote:
May the road rise to meet you...
One of my favorite expressions of love and joy! My Irish Grandmother always quoted that prayer! It brings back pleasant memories!

Thanks!

Rick

Guitarmom

Sat May 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Rick,

I am so glad that it brought back memories. We Celtic people are loving and family is everything. My family name is Chisolm on one side and MacDonald on the other.

Rath Dé ort! (The grace of God be with you.)

Peace,

Rev Kate

rcsnydley

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:43 am

Just a quick Thank You to all the well wishers. The wedding was very nice, I played and sang "Wedding Song (There Is Love)" by Noel Paul Stookey, I was told it was good and the new bride and groom are now honeymooning.

Keep Playing
Ric

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic