Learnin' The Blues!

Rod

Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:52 am

I would suggest maybe getting the name of some of the DVD's you where thinking of and then looking for it on youtube you might find a clip or two and then you can make up your mind if you like it. Try this guy Keith Wyatt he's a great teacher I've got an acoustic CD/book by him and its really good

Say's beginner but he just keeps adding to the 12 bar and it gets quite complicated with simultaneous bass back beat, melodies using pentatonic & blues scales. I found some of his lessons on youtube below not from the above CD/Book but just to give you a sample. There seems to be a lot of lessons from this dvd so should get you started.

Enjoy Rod...

Lavallee

Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:15 am

Thanks 6strings, this guy is teaching walking blues.I am going to work on that. He seems to be a funny character too(he doesn't mind partying as he says).

Marc

6string

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:00 am

Your welcome, he is a character all right, more of a treasure, if you get time you should have breakfast with him

rcsnydley

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:44 am

Here is someone else you can check out. He has a course call Blues Guitar Secrets 2.0, that this video is a sample of.
He also has a lot of sample videos on the website.

Keep Playing
Ric

Chasplaya

Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:58 pm

6string wrote:
[quote]Your welcome, he is a character all right, more of a treasure, if you get time you should have breakfast with him

I have subscribed to this guy, he is good but very opinionated and doesn't appear to suffer fools.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic