Ibanez AEL10LE

revo

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:37 am

I can buy this guitar for 250.00 new with a gig bag. Should I ? Thanks

haoli25

Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:55 am

If I were you I think I would pass on it.

Can you try it before you buy it? Or is it
an online order?

If you can try it first here are few things
to check.

I have some friends that own Ibanez guitars
and for the most part they sound pretty good.

The action is usually VERY HIGH (hard on the
fingers!) and the fretboard is not smooth.
The finish is also weak, so they scratch very
easy.

AndyT

Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:16 am

If its in really good shape, then its a good deal for $250. That particular one usually goes for around $350-$400

BigBear

Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:11 am

I hope I don't offend anyone but I've never been really impressed with Ibanez due to inconsistant quality, although they are priced right. I have seen some pretty nice Les Paul knock-offs so they are capable of decent quality. Kenny may disagree on this subject.

In that price range it may not matter much but like Haoli said I think I'd pass, too. If you have $300 to spend seek out a nice Seagull. In my opinion still the absolute best value in guitars under $500. I did a lot of reseach on this subject and ended up buying a really nice Seagull for my son (22 year old) and he loves it.

Good luck on your search!

KennyF

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:23 am

BigBear wrote:
Kenny may disagree on this subject.
Actually... Not at all brother Rick.

I had an Ibanez set neck LP copy that I bought back in the 70's that was unbelievable. I should have kept it.

I've recently played a few of their AS series semi-hollows and I got to tell ya... For that kind of money, they're kind of hard to beat. Hell... I own a Gibson semi-hollow and I damn near bought an AS73 as a throw down guitar.

Haven't played any of their acoustics though.

haoli25

Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:06 pm

I know it must be blasphemy to KENNYF and BEAR, but the son of a coworker had one of the Epiphone 'Les Paul' clones. I played and I was amazed at how good it was. The only thing I didn't like about it was the pickups, but those can easily be upgraded.

agentcooper

Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:15 pm

The "Epiphoneys" aren't that bad. I had a SG copy a long time ago and it sounded and played OK. It did have a few other problems though, like a lot of string breakage at the saddle.

agentcooper

Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:24 pm

I still stand by hot rodding MIM fenders. New pickups, new electronics, and you're good to go. If you wanna get real saucy you could upgrade the machine heads and bridge too, but craigslist prices are just unbeatable right now. Completely a buyer's market.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/msg/1273267279.html

I do feel bad for the unemployed gentleman, but I'm always up on craigslist looking for deals. It's how I got my 59 bassman reissue for under 600, already retubed and well biased. We should start a thread on good craigslist deals.

Oh man, I went way off topic. Kinda.

-Dale

KennyF

Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:26 pm

haoli25 wrote:
I know it must be blasphemy to KENNYF...
Not at all bro. Honestly! To me, it's the player, not the guitar.

I can't stand those Gibbo-phile snobs. Half of those Les Paul toting lawyers can't play worth a damn anyway. :laugh:

haoli25

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:32 pm

Half of those Les Paul toting lawyers can't play worth a damn anyway. :laugh:[/quote]

I hear ya', but still I have always wanted to join those Les Paul toting lawyers that can't play. I have came close a couple of times, but that $4,000 price tag always scares me away.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic