revo

Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:28 pm

So much for Ibanez :dry:

haoli25

Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:35 pm

Revo,

Have you checked CRAIGSLIST like AGENTCOOPER suggested or
eBay? As he said, it is a buyer's market and you might
find something really good at a low price.

BigBear

Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:55 pm

haoli25 wrote:
I hear ya', but still I have always wanted to join those Les Paul toting lawyers that can't play. I have came close a couple of times, but that $4,000 price tag always scares me away.
Bill- I bought a beautiful Les Paul Studio, jet black with all gold hardware for $600, with case, on eBay!! The thing looks brand new, didn't even have a scratch!! Of course I keep it deeply polished!!!

I know it isn't a Deluxe with the fancy paint job and binding but it is a real American LP with all the normal electronics and a great neck! I absolutely love it. Not sure what the Studio costs new but I bet it ain't $600!!

I knew what I wanted and set up a search on eBay and had it alert me when my guitar came up for bid. I missed a couple of nice LP's because I didn't know that they worth but I learned pretty quickly. Just lay in the weeds and when you find "your guitar", you strike!

You can barely buy an inexpensive acoustic for $600 so I was really happy! Happy hunting buddy!

haoli25

Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:26 am

You are one lucky BEAR!! That's an incredible
deal! I think those are around $1,400 new.

I think I will give it a try and see what happens.

haoli25

Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:20 am

BigBear wrote:
haoli25 wrote:
I hear ya', but still I have always wanted to join those Les Paul toting lawyers that can't play. I have came close a couple of times, but that $4,000 price tag always scares me away.
Bill- I bought a beautiful Les Paul Studio, jet black with all gold hardware for $600, with case, on eBay!! The thing looks brand new, didn't even have a scratch!! Of course I keep it deeply polished!!!

I know it isn't a Deluxe with the fancy paint job and binding but it is a real American LP with all the normal electronics and a great neck! I absolutely love it. Not sure what the Studio costs new but I bet it ain't $600!!

I knew what I wanted and set up a search on eBay and had it alert me when my guitar came up for bid. I missed a couple of nice LP's because I didn't know that they worth but I learned pretty quickly. Just lay in the weeds and when you find "your guitar", you strike!

You can barely buy an inexpensive acoustic for $600 so I was really happy! Happy hunting buddy!
I got a mint condition MIM Fender '72 Telecaster Custom off craigslist for $450 with practice amp and cord. I think they are around $700 new. Like someone said, know what you want. If it's a certain Ibanez model then start looking for it and be patient.

AndyT

Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:54 am

Revo,
Nothing wrong with Ibanez.
I drove Chevy all my life. Hated Fords. I never had a Ford that lasted more than a month without a major repair. But many thousands of people drive nothing but Ford and swear by them. Ibanez is the same way. If you are unlucky, you get one of the accidents and it forever makes you think they are all terrible. The truth is, they are a good medium range guitar and if you want one, then go for it.

BigBear

Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:17 am

AndyT wrote:
I drove Chevy all my life.
Well, thanks to the current administration you are now the proud owner of part of Chevy/GM!! Congratulations! Grrrrrrr! (unhappy Bear growling).

Oops! Got off point there a little. Yea, buy Ford if you like them better. What was the question??? :lol:

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:28 am

BigBear wrote:
AndyT wrote:
I drove Chevy all my life.
Well, thanks to the current administration you are now the proud owner of part of Chevy/GM!! Congratulations! Grrrrrrr! (unhappy Bear growling).

Oops! Got off point there a little. Yea, buy Ford if you like them better. What was the question??? :lol:
Something about FORD guitars you know Found On Rubbish Dumps

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:29 am

Serious though buying a guitar is about what you like how it feels and also unfortunately what you can afford. That said if you've tried this Ibanez and it feels right at this point in time then it is right

BigBear

Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:24 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Serious though buying a guitar is about what you like how it feels and also unfortunately what you can afford. That said if you've tried this Ibanez and it feels right at this point in time then it is right

BUT and it's a big butt, I mean but, it is always wise to do your homework. I bought a little used Roland 20X Cube practice amp recently. Paid $100 on Craigslist. But I researched the heck out of the thing. Read forums, read all the reviews on Amazon and all the other sites, talked to a retailer. I knew more about that amp than the guys that designed it.

If you don't research the guitar you want to buy you have no one to blame but yourself when it's a dog!! Caveat emptor!!

This forum is a great place to do research on future equipment purchases.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic