Man, what a great site we have here

caymandiver55

Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:51 pm

I joined up just a week, or so, ago when I stumbled on here after seeing a video on YouTube. Within 20 minutes I had made the required payment and began eagerly searching through the site. This site is simply amazing. Im not necessarily talking about the amount of content here, as much as Neils ability to effectively teach through use of video. Im really enjoying the site already. I just cant believe how much my playing has improved in such a short period of time. After 9 years of playing, hitting that dreaded brick wall, becoming almost bored with the guitar, and now a HUGE door has been opened.

Thanks to TG and all those who participate here. I cant wait to see what my progress will be in a years time. Im sure it will be nothing less than spectacular as long as I continue to practice, practice, practice. :laugh:

AndyT

Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:50 pm

The secret word of the day is always 'Practice'. Do that and you will improve. Especially with Neils help.

brucemit

Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:51 pm

Hey, I'm with you on this. I play my guitars every day, but often don't really practice or stretch to learn a new tune... Hey, I just like to play and sing!

Neil and company have set up something really fine here to get us all out of our musical ruts and playing new stuff. Every new song you learn will make your existing pieces that much better, as new technique applies backwards (strange, but true)...

Welcome to TG!

-Bruce

AndyT

Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:57 pm

brucemit wrote:
Every new song you learn will make your existing pieces that much better, as new technique applies backwards (strange, but true)...
So true. Correct a mistake in one lesson and you correct it in everything else.

haoli25

Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:48 pm

Welcome aboard GMANONE and BRUCE. It's good to have you here
in the TG Forum. If you have any questions or tips to share,
let us hear from you.

Haoli - Bill

haoli25

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:05 pm

What I like about it is the level of politeness and intelligence of the members (none of the "Dude, you suck" mentality found in other music sites).

AndyT

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:13 pm

gingold wrote:
What I like about it is the level of politeness and intelligence of the members (none of the "Dude, you suck" mentality found in other music sites).
YES! I agree whole heartedly! I really hope that anyone guilty of that gets booted quickly, member or not. I'm sure Neil has standards and I would hope they carry through to the site.

haoli25

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:37 pm

Greg, I think everyone is just following Neil's lead. I agree though,
I hope this is one thing about TotallyGuitars that never changes. Life
is too short to put up with all that other crap.

BigBear

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:13 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Greg, I think everyone is just following Neil's lead. I agree though,
I hope this is one thing about TotallyGuitars that never changes. Life
is too short to put up with all that other crap.
Can I say "Dude, I suck!"? LOL! :lol:

Big Welcome to Gmanone and Bruce! We're glad to have you with us! You won't believe what a class act Neil and his crew are. They really care about their students and our progress.

The people on this forum are a bonus. Great people with a mutual love of music and guitar who aren't afraid to have some laughs along the way!

heatndude

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:29 pm

I think the age of the members has a lot to do with this site being so good. The younger crowd that likes angry music typically are not very nice. Its like one big family. The two big brothers (bb&chas) trying to figure out who is top dog. I think the later is winning so far! Ther rest just follows there lead and Neil keeps a close eye. By the way I suck, the cat runs everytime I pick up guitar !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic