Guitar Strap For Acoustics with one Strap Button

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:03 am

ANother thing to consider if you stand whilst playing is either a strap that has locks on it or the Dunlop straplock system. I don't stand when playing but I have a strap which locks

wrench

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:10 pm

Chas,

Surely you don't think I was suggesting a suction cup as a permanent strap mounting on a premium guitar.

Manufacturers of many guitars, and certainly all higher end guitars, publish information for mounting strap buttons. sl83 didn't seem to have this information for his guitar, and seemed to be still thinking about a permanent button installation.

Perhaps I could have explained myself in more detail, but my intention was to suggest a method for testing potential locations for good balance, etc.

wrench

BigBear

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:41 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
ANother thing to consider if you stand whilst playing is either a strap that has locks on it or the Dunlop straplock system. I don't stand when playing but I have a strap which locks
All of us 50-somethings can probably get by without a strap lock although they are great on electric guitars. I don't know about you but I haven't done a Pete Townsend windmill on my acoustic in years! LOL! :lol:

Hell, the other day my wife asked if I wanted to come up stairs and make "a little whoopie". I told her to pick one or the other because I couldn't do both!!! :lol:

Chasplaya

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:02 am

BigBear wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
All of us 50-somethings can probably get by without a strap lock although they are great on electric guitars. I don't know about you but I haven't done a Pete Townsend windmill on my acoustic in years! LOL! :lol:

Hell, the other day my wife asked if I wanted to come up stairs and make "a little whoopie". I told her to pick one or the other because I couldn't do both!!! :lol:
What an inviting opportunity to make a comment here, but i'll pass cos it has potential to go downhill very quickly lol

Vegas

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:18 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic