Alvarez Md 60

mwortman

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:22 pm

Does anyone have a Alvarez MD60 or know anything about them,I just ordered one they have some good reviews.

rcsnydley

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:08 pm

I do not have the MD60 though I have an older Alvarez that I have had since the early 70s and it has held up pretty well. I have just recently retired it.

I bought my daughter an Alverez last spring the Regent model and it is a great guitar for the money. That is the thing with Alvarez's they are a good guitar for the money. Not a Taylor or a Martin but then they don't have the price tag either.

Ric

goldleaf

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:54 pm

Alvarez makes some really nice sounding all wood guitars. I haven't heard or played that particular model but the one's I have played are some of the best sounding acoustics for the price. I think they you'll be very happy with your choice. Gary

goldleaf

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Anybody know about the Guild "Comtemporary Series" acoustic/electric made by Guild in Tacoma WA in 2007. The ad's say that Guild got with Willy Porter to design an all wood acoustic w/electronics but no hole cut in the side. Batteries are put in by removing a 1 1/4 device by turning 1/4 turn and pulling out, drop in 2 AAA batteries and reinsert. It also serves as the strap pin and the plug in. Two finger wheel adjusters are just inside the sound hole. They were introduced in the 2007 NAMM. There is some write ups in other mags but Fender bought the 2 pattens for this series 1)a graphite neck attachment system that transfers sound better and 2) the Lock and Load battery input device. It also converts the electronics from 9v to 18v to improve the "overhead". Top of the line tone woods and hardwood, 2 models I know of are the CO-2c and CV-1c. Guild moved to Conn. in 2008 and that was it for the Contemporary Series and Willy Porter Signature Model? I don't think Fender likes competition! Any info appreciated. Gary.

hhistory

Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:07 pm

Hello

Yes, I am the proud owner of a brand new MD60 Alvarez! I have had it about two months now. While im just a beginner, my uncle and cousin who have been playing for many many years tried mine out and loved it!

I had an Alvarez Yari DY45 years ago and always regretted selling it. So, when I saw that the MD60s and MD80s were really coming down in price, I snagged one! My guess is that these will soon be discontinued items in the Alvarez product line.

I am considering taking mine to shop and having it looked over and possible set up. However, this is probably not needed. Mine has a very nice low action, the sound is warm and mellow, not too high or bright. Sound really projects and resonates, and finish is perfect! In short, snag one of these while you can, good product, great sound, and lasts!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic