Frequently Asked Questions

neverfoundthetime

Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:35 am

Great work Bear! Go get em!

Chasplaya

Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:22 pm

I think asking Matt and crew to answer this many questions just isn't going to happen because of the workload. I'm thinking this oculd be a great member project.

What do you think?

Rick

A splendid idea my old chap.

Chas

frybaby

Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:34 pm

Mr. Big Bear:
A way referencing frequently ask questions is a great idea. Lot of advantagesfor sure. It would create a lot of work though for the TG team, and it could be quite a chalange to orgainze and work out the bugs. So I was thinking as an alturnative if the forum had a more sophisticated search feature it could work alsmost as effectively. Like the search " search.
Lot of options for search critera. Search for words, or
I find it most usefull, and because the search feature is so comperhensive, when a forum question arises that has been asked frequently the fourm folks recomment using the search and often offer some instruction on how to go about it.
Just a thought. Mr. Matt, may want to check it out.

I also think a voting feature like they have over at Acoustic Form would be a great idea.

Check out the site it loads of good information, and lots of super folks.
Jack

BigBear

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:04 pm

frybaby wrote:
Mr. Big Bear:
A way referencing frequently ask questions is a great idea. Lot of advantagesfor sure. It would create a lot of work though for the TG team, and it could be quite a chalange to orgainze and work out the bugs. So I was thinking as an alturnative if the forum had a more sophisticated search feature it could work alsmost as effectively. Like the search " search.
Lot of options for search critera. Search for words, or
I find it most usefull, and because the search feature is so comperhensive, when a forum question arises that has been asked frequently the fourm folks recomment using the search and often offer some instruction on how to go about it.
Just a thought. Mr. Matt, may want to check it out.

I also think a voting feature like they have over at Acoustic Form would be a great idea.

Check out the site it loads of good information, and lots of super folks.
Jack
Jack- thanks very much for the feedback. Where we are now is I have compiled the list of questions and have set up a Google Group for a place to store them temporarily.

You are correct that this task of putting this whole thing together is asking too much of the TG Admin staff. So we won't! I'm thinking of asking certain, highly involved or qualified members to contribute to one or more questions. This would also allow the Search feature you mention to work as well.

So I have some work to do but I've beem swamped so I haven't gotten to it. But I will! Matt Williams is heavily involved in this process and every thing will go thru him for approval.

I'll let you know more after we get into this but your idea is a good one and we will see if we can enhance the list by using the Search feature.

Cheers! :cheer:

goldleaf

Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:16 pm

Bear, great job. I know I have a hard time getting back to some of the issues that have been brought up. I was just asking Al about his Imagine video and vid related issues and he gave me a detailed answer. Heyjoe was asking the same basic questin 2 hours later of someone else and I couldn't find the forum that Al gave the great info so it seems a search feature as has been mentioned would be very helpful. Gary

BigBear

Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:23 pm

goldleaf wrote:
Bear, great job. I know I have a hard time getting back to some of the issues that have been brought up. I was just asking Al about his Imagine video and vid related issues and he gave me a detailed answer. Heyjoe was asking the same basic questin 2 hours later of someone else and I couldn't find the forum that Al gave the great info so it seems a search feature as has been mentioned would be very helpful. Gary
Gary- That's why I'm going to ask Al to do the FAQ for uploading vids! We've got lots of talent here. We just need to tap into it!! Thanks for the kind words! :cheer:

frybaby

Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Here's one I have wonder about for years. If my g string breaks in public can I get arrested of indecent exposure?

BigBear

Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:14 pm

frybaby wrote:
Here's one I have wonder about for years. If my g string breaks in public can I get arrested of indecent exposure?

ROFL!! :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic