Guitar Body Styles

AndyT

Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:24 am

Gary,
Yes, it might be a bit harsh, but I've seen many many guys over the years need an 'excuse' as to why they did something so their wives don't drive them nuts about it. Unfortunately I've also seen the vast majority of those excuses turn into outright lies. Of course, not everyone is like that, and I do not want to generalize.

As Catman said, if you are married or in a committed relationship, then it is only prudent to discuss these things beforehand. Having done that, you will already know what you can do and what you should not do. Makes for a much more peaceful home.

BRBbrb

Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:19 am

wrench wrote:
gingold,

I knew someone out there could fill in some blanks on this one, and I agree that an instrument could sound good with a short scale. I just didn't encounter any in my skill level / price range.

I'll go out on a limb here and guess your 24.9" scale is not on a guitar found at a retail store for under $500?

thanks,
wrench
Wrench,

LOL, no my guitar was a bit more than $500. My Dad had to die for me to afford it though.

Greg

goldleaf

Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Andy, I agree with you about the preagreement with the spouse just as I told Catman In my statement before the one to you. Sounds like we are saying the same thing except it sounds like you might have been around a different type of people in your past life. I have a feeling you are doing your best to turn those lifes around though. Gary

AndyT

Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Gary,
Yes, I used to hang out with bikers and now I'm a Minister for Jesus. A bit of difference in there. LOL

BigBear

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:00 pm

AndyT wrote:
Gary,
Yes, I used to hang out with bikers and now I'm a Minister for Jesus. A bit of difference in there. LOL

So who actually needs God more? LOL!!

Catman

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:09 pm

AndyT wrote:
Gary,
Hey, I'm still a biker!!! Mountain bikes, that is.

Actually, I used to be a motorcyclist in the olden days, but no amount of pre-discussion seems to be able to convince my wife to agree to me getting back into it:(

neverfoundthetime

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:41 pm

I guess marriage guidance doesn't fly under the Jolly Roger! if I lie on the couch, can I get some help on the meaning of life here... :-)

neverfoundthetime

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:44 pm

...yeah, I know, the answer is 42. So why are guitars shaped like a woman's body (keeping on topic) ... to make us sweaty men want to pick them up and stroke them? Barb, is that why there are so few lady players?

goldleaf

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:54 pm

Andy, that sounds like a lifetime commitment, and a very important one at that. Best of luck, lol, Gary

haoli25

Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:18 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
So why are guitars shaped like a woman's body (keeping on topic) ... to make us sweaty men want to pick them up and stroke them?

And like women, it is difficult to get a guitar to do what we want them to! :woohoo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic