Effects Pedals Yes or No?

Chasplaya

Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:22 pm

Presently I do not have any myself, thanks to the little rat (King Charles Cavalier) who chewed the cables off!!! I never used the board (Ibanez PT3DX) with acoustics anyway but toyed with it on the electric. Nowadays I just play with amp settings and equaliser on the acoustic to vary things up a bit so don't see a need right now. What are your thoughts on effects pedals

haoli25

Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:17 pm

Same for me Chas, I just use the settings on the amp. I have two
"stomp boxes" a Boss RC-20XL and a Dunlop Crybaby. They are
both resting comfortably in the bottom of one of my closets.
You could even say that both of them are 'Comfortably Numb'. B)

One of these days I will sell them to a 17 year old for more
than they are worth. :lol:

Lavallee

Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:29 pm

Actually I recently started using my electric guitar on a small amplifier to realize that it pretty much sounds for every song. I would be interested to know were I could find a good source of information where I could see and hear a pedal used for a given song. I know that Boss as a demo site but the sound is for the same song. I have the small line 6 device but it gives amps . preamps and so on but no info on pedals.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Marc

Chasplaya

Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:26 pm

I'm with you on that Marc, Whilst I don't use or even have pedals currently (Thanks Rat!!) I would be interested in learning more just in case I am missing something really useful

BigBear

Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:21 pm

I only use the effects in the amp with acoutic guitars; reverb, chorus etc. But I do use a Boss petal with my electric just for grins. It's fun when you switch from rhythm to lead and want that bite. Pretty hard to play serious rock and roll without some sort of overdrive, distortion, compression or whatever you want to call it!

Kenny is the guy to ask. Kenny, you still out there bud? Give us some insight!

Chasplaya

Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:54 pm

My Fender Princeton 65 has two channels clean and distortion and reverb, I use reverb a lot. For my acoustics I have the Ashdown which has reverb only

Catman

Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:45 pm

I actually like the way The Sage sounds with phasing.

That being said, I rarely use my Zoom A2. In fact, I rarely use my amplifier either.

I bought the Zoom about 4 years ago. Today, I wouldn't buy an effect for acoustic guitar. Knowing what I do today, I would go for a better amplifier and forget the effects.

David

AndyT

Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:28 am

I think I agree with you David. A much better amp sounds like the way to go. About the only thing I might add is some reverb and delay, but the amp should have those already.

Chasplaya

Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:36 am

AndyT wrote:
I think I agree with you David. A much better amp sounds like the way to go. About the only thing I might add is some reverb and delay, but the amp should have those already.
I'm leaning that way myself these days plus you can get different sounds with the clean acoustic, strum near bridge or over soundhole or near the neck presto three different effects

BigBear

Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:54 am

This is a little off-topic but I bought a Roland 20X Cube amp a couple of months ago and I can't believe how great it sounds. I bought it for my electric but I use it every day for my acoustic. It puts out an amazing amoung of sound but you can turn it way down so as not to irritate the Boss (She Who Must Be Obeyed).

Very clean sound, good reverb, chorus, tremelo etc. It has a clean switch that bypasses the electric guitar distortion etc. Chromatic tuner, the works.

I bought this thing used for $100! What a steal! Roland gets my props for this little gem! I don't need an effects pedal with this baby! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic