Works in Progress- an idea

neverfoundthetime

Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:15 pm

You're welcome Heyjoe! You've got the right attitude as does everyone here. I think we are safe to drop our pant here (so to speak... that German expression doesn't translate so well!). TG's member attitude is very supportive.... I haven't seen an out-of-order comment here yet, apart for my own of course :-)! So I'm safe!!

Hey Al, a video professional eh! So you're up next! I think there are ways here of uploading stuff so that only friends can see... photos for example... I'm guessing without checking that we can probably do the same with videos. But there agian I gues we need to show ourselves on the forum

AcousticAl

Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:18 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
You're welcome Heyjoe! You've got the right attitude as does everyone here. I think we are safe to drop our pant here (so to speak... that German expression doesn't translate so well!). TG's member attitude is very supportive.... I haven't seen an out-of-order comment here yet, apart for my own of course :-)! So I'm safe!!

Hey Al, a video professional eh! So you're up next! I think there are ways here of uploading stuff so that only friends can see... photos for example... I'm guessing without checking that we can probably do the same with videos. But there agian I gues we need to show ourselves on the forum

The guy who changed his avatar from his actual picture to 2 old muppets wants me to man-up and post a video!
:laugh:
I'm sure I will eventually. I've got the gear for it- but I'll probably just use the webcam in my screen. By the time I shot/captured/compressed the video, there would probably be no difference in quality. I'd have to experiment. I'm sure the TG techies know what I'm talking about.

dustystrings

Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:02 pm

Hey all

So we havent quite got to it yet..But we want to create a channel next week..just fro Target members, give you access..and get you to start those videos coming in..once the "community" has a few up their it will be like stripping down for a college run Naked..you wont be shy ...

It just takes a few brave souls..

So...Look out for this next week...

haoli25

Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:05 pm

By the way..

The best little video camera for a quick result to use..is called a flip

You press a red button, it records then you plug it into the side of your pc., and the software will allow you to load it into youtube..

We will do a camtasia training video showing you how next week..

Easy peasy

Those of you hardcore fanatics will probably geta hd camera and film yourself with a mirror behind you and edit it for hours..

But thats for the anally retentive amongst you..The rest of you just record using a flip

When you get yours..we wil then show you how to use it to become roving music reporters for TG amongst otehr things..

; )

AcousticAl

Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:07 pm

mattwilliams wrote:
Hey all

So we havent quite got to it yet..But we want to create a channel next week..just fro Target members, give you access..and get you to start those videos coming in..once the "community" has a few up their it will be like stripping down for a college run Naked..you wont be shy ...

It just takes a few brave souls..

So...Look out for this next week...
Sounds great!
(except the naked part!!)
:blink:

AndyT

Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:54 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I think we are safe to drop our pant here (so to speak... that German expression doesn't translate so well!).
Chris, Try this translation:
'It's safe to plant Hope here.'

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:57 am

Well I uploaded a video.. 'Dust in the Wind'.

I obviously have to work on my D/F# change (you could drive a truck through that pause!!).

Comments, kudos, karma welcome :)

AcousticAl

Catman

Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:46 am

Al,

Karma your way for putting up the video, especially as it's work in progress. It takes a lot of guts to do that.

You pretty much gave your own critique and got it right. The chord changes are a bit hesitant (not just the D/F# one), but that will come with practice. The picked notes ring nicely.

Now that I've opened my big mouth, I'm going to have to break out the camcorder and put my own efforts up for ridicule, I mean critique, too.

Admiringly,
David

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:53 am

Thanks for the feedback, David.

I always liked the idea of TG members uploading their own vids to see what other people are working on or having issues with. I thought it was time for me to test the waters as well.

I don't mind posting my mistakes- and I know TG members won't either. The way I look at it- we're all here working on one thing or another. And I think it's good to hear other people's take on your playing.

Al

heyjoe

Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:15 am

Good on you for posting the video Al.

It takes a lot to put a works in progress up, as I know.

Time to sit back, enjoy, and decide what you're going to put on video next:P :P

Catman, it's definitely time you did it too, what song are you going to go for?

Right, I'm off to practise something ( probably how to stop playing with a baseball grip)

Good on you Al

Joe

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic