Posture when playing guitar- how do you sit?

goldleaf

Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:09 pm

Frybaby, thanks for the advice about the "Neck Up', I will definitely check it out.
Neil, Thank you for the great explanation of how the guitar needs to be supported, at least now I can adjust and use what ever method I need to to make sure the guitar is supported in 4 places and the neck is pointing up. I think this will help me free up my left hand to just place my fingers where they need to go w/o supporting the guitar neck. Gary

goldleaf

Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:46 pm

frybaby, just ordered a Neck Up, looks like it just might do the job, if it does that will be awesome. I have been thinking about armless office chairs etc this looks like it might turn out to be a solution to a major problem I have been having. Thanks again for the info. Gary

frybaby

Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:51 pm

Glad to be of assistance. Like I said I love my Neck Up. I swap it between by Guild and Taylor. Have left the suction cups on for weeks at a time with no damage to the finish on either.

goldleaf

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:36 pm

Frybaby, I play a Guild and I'm going on vac go San Diego first wk of Sept. Taylor has their factory there and I'm going on a factory tour. Taylor is my next guitar (I think) either way I'm looking forward to seeing how they are made and the difference in various models. When I get home my Neck Up should be here... What model of Taylor are you playing on and also what model Guild?? Gary

speedie

Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:47 am

Good tips Neil. That alone should motivate me to stop playing my guitar while in the recliner, fully reclined. lol

frybaby

Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:36 am

Gary, My Guild is a 1973 D 40 Cherry Sunburst. My Taylor is a 1997 514C Cedar top

goldleaf

Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:06 pm

frybaby, been using my Neck Up for the last week and it is really working well, although I'm still adjusting to how to place it best. The main think is that it gives me the support at the bottom bout of my guitar and frees up my left hand so I don't have to support the guitar at all with it. I can definitely get an better position and it makes barre chords and and playing easier in general. I can tell it will take me a while longer to really get used to it but I'm very pleased already. Thanks for letting me know about Neck Up or I probably would never have heard of it otherwise. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic