The case for a GOOD guitar.

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:54 am

Hi TG,

You've seen me playing my old guitar in the videos I've uploaded- a Yamaha F310. It's an ok guitar- but it's Yamaha's entry level acoustic. It was all I had.

As some of you know, I just bought a new acoustic (Fender cd220sce). I also had it restrung and set up at the shop. I'm finding it alot easier to play with a properly set up guitar. I'm also getting my barre chords cleaner and easier too!

I'll be playing it the next time I upload a video- hopefully you see a difference in my playing as well. If you've got an old beater guitar and are thinking of upgrading-- DO IT-- or at least get your old one set up properly. Well worth it.

Al

Chasplaya

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:38 pm

Its good to see you are happy with your Fender, I tried a couple this weekend and they were alright. You are right though a better guitar does make a big difference, I noted that when I got my first higher end guitar. The cost of the thing is an incentive also, you know jeez I paid how much! I'd better do it justice lol. BUt really the better quality of sound is great encouragement more so than anything.

AndyT

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:06 am

Nothing says loving like a good setup. :laugh:

Chasplaya

Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:45 am

Congrats on the new acoustic! Yes, there's nothing like playing a well-made guitar. I've never been a big fan of Fender acoustics (I LOVE their electrics though!) but compared to some makes they are, as Chas said, "alright". Every time I'm at a guitar store I try to play as many guitars as I can (even if I could never afford most of them!) just to get an idea of feel and tone for what's out there. By playing as many as you can it better informs you the next time you're in the market for a guitar. The search for a new (or used) guitar becomes less daunting when you know what you want (body style/size, tonewoods, etc.)

AndyT

Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:04 am

To my mind, the words 'Fender' and 'acoustic' just don't fit together.

Chasplaya

Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:07 am

AndyT wrote:
To my mind, the words 'Fender' and 'acoustic' just don't fit together.
Given the number of Acoustic companies they've bought out they soon should be!

AndyT

Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:08 am

I have yet to play a Fender acoustic that I like.

AcousticAl

Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:40 am

I'm really liking my fender acoustic. It just seems to fit me.. and it fit my budget right now as well. There actually weren't a ton of guitars around $400 to choose from. I was also considering Buffalo Joe's Yamaha APX500.

I'm going to try to record another video today of how my Fender plays. Watch for that later.

Al

goldleaf

Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:25 pm

Al, congrats on your Fender. I know in that price range there are quite a few guitars that may not be solid wood w/ fancy inlay but if you get the right combo of tone wood for the top and whatever for the sides & back it comes down to how it is set up and sounds and feels to you. If it feels good and sounds good to you that all that matters. I'm getting a Tacoma around the same price range, it should be here in 4or 5 days. Bought in online so hope I'm as satisfied as you with feel and sound. Look forward to seeing your video and new Fender. Gary

AcousticAl

Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:44 pm

Thanks Gary. Vid's up now- 'Nothing Else Matters'.

Good luck with your Tac. I look forward to seeing you playing it after it arrives!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic