Laguna guitars

TGMatt

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Well been thinking about getting an acoustic electic for awhile and finally made the plunge today. Been playing a Maritin DX-1 for awhile. Liked the deep throaty sound for blues ( and liked the price tag for a Martin) but been thinking about something a little brighter for playing other stuff. I read about Laguna's in Guitar Player magazin and have been curious about them. Liked the sustainability aspect of thier manufacturing process. Plant a tree for evey guitar. Went out and test drove a few today along with some Takamine's, Ovations, Yamahas etc. Ended up purchasing a LG6CE with a cedar top. So far I like it very much. Seems well made at a good price. Sound a bit brighter than my Martin - but now too bright. Just what I was looking for. Anybody else had experience with these guitars. I would be interested in your opinion - advise. My only complaint is that they are made in China. Sure wish they were made here.

Mshrad

BRBbrb

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm

Did you get it at Guitar Center? Last time I was in there I asked the helper to show me a guitar w/ a narrow neck for my small hands; he recommended a Laguna & think he said they were made specifically for GC.

Chasplaya

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:44 pm

They are certainly a good looking guitar I like the Florentine cutaway. And its cool they are into conservation and actually doing something as opposed to just talkin. My guitar , a Cole Clark is made from sustainable woods and that environmentalist approach used by that company helped in making up my mind. I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you once you've played her in and how the top opens up I guess you got the cedar top?

BRBbrb

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:48 pm

Yep - got the cedar top. I like it so far. The cedar keeps it sounding a little deeper. Sorry but what do you mean about the top opening up?

Chasplaya

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:51 pm

mshrad wrote:
Yep - got the cedar top. I like it so far. The cedar keeps it sounding a little deeper. Sorry but what do you mean about the top opening up?
Its just another expression for the top improving with ageing, tops age is nothing to do with time its the amount its played.

BRBbrb

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Ahh yes - kind of like my hair!

AndyT

Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:46 pm

LOL.
The more you comb it the more it opens up?

Chasplaya

Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:14 am

AndyT wrote:
LOL.
The more you comb it the more it opens up?
Andys speaking from experience?

AndyT

Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:19 am

Andy has a full head of hair, thin as it might be...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic