Hilo Hawaii

AndyT

Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:43 am

I'll be visiting Hilo guitars later today and I'll try to play everything Ken has in the store. Of course I'm not going to be able to do it, but you know I have to try.

Lots of Taylors in there Bear....

RicksPick

Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:55 am

Hey Andy

You getting measured for a new guitar?
Watch out for the inside leg.

RicksPick

AndyT

Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:57 am

Just window shopping. If I come home with a new one its because God wanted me to have it which would be just fine by me.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:14 am

If getting religion means you cant talk yourself (through God) into having a new guitar...... maybe I should sign up somewhere.... who's cheep to join, Andy? :lol: Good bless that guitar!

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:57 am

AndyT wrote:
Just window shopping. If I come home with a new one its because God wanted me to have it which would be just fine by me.
Will that work on your wife - "because God wanted me to have it"????? If so, you need to post that reasoning in the G.A.S. thread that Greg started.......:laugh:

BigBear

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:22 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
AndyT wrote:
Will that work on your wife - "because God wanted me to have it"????? If so, you need to post that reasoning in the G.A.S. thread that Greg started.......:laugh:

Sort of like Moses going to the mountain top, Andy going to the guitar store. He may not find any stone tablets but if he comes out with a new guitar it will definately be divine providence!!

I just have this image of Andy coming out of Hilo Guitars holding his new axe over his head with his hair all white and wind swept, prepared to enlighten the people of TARGET, I mean Israel. Oh wait, that was Charlton Heston!! I get them confused sometimes!! :lol:

AndyT

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:55 am

That excuse will work great as long as the big BOSS pays for it as well. LOL

I played so many Fenders and Taylors today. I played every guitar he had in the store except for maybe 4 of them because they were hanging in the front window and Ken was busy so I did not want to ask him to get them down.

Taylor has a nice neck. Not what I expected though. It did not have the fit my Takamine does. Like it was made especially for me. Actually, as nice as the Taylors were, I did not find one that I would have bought (assuming money was no object). I just did not care for them.

Now he did have a really sweet Composite Acoustic OX that was just soooo smooth. That's the one I would have bought today if anything. And being waterproof is a huge bonus when you live on an island.

Music Junkie

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:59 am

AndyT wrote:
That excuse will work great as long as the big BOSS pays for it as well. LOL
ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!

Good one Andy!

Chasplaya

Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:40 pm

AndyT wrote:
You were at a guitar store why the heck would you want to buy a window?????

AndyT

Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:10 pm

It's just one of those things we Americans do Chas. I could explain it to you, but then you would get deported.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic