Taylor 30th Anniversary Grand Concert

mvasey

Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:23 pm

I have a Taylor 30 Anniversary Grant Concert that is simply wonderful. In fact, since I got it two years ago, I no longer have any urge to go looking for another acoustic - this is THE ONE! These are similar to Taylor's current GC series - the anniversary series just has premium woods and tuners. The model I have has Indian Rosewood back and sides with a Stika spruce top. It rings like a bell and has wonderful balance. The high end is sweat and the low end is wonderfully resonant. The short scale on these guitars makes them absolutely wonderful for finger style but mine sounds great strummed and flat picked too. If you are looking for a great guitar I strongly suggest you check out one of the anniversary models (they also came in maple, mahogany, and koa). They tend to be under-appreciated so you may be able to find one that is a steal (I got mine for a third of its list price used but in pristine condition). Or check out one of the GC series as they are very similar. Does anyone else have experience with these guitars?

BigBear

Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:00 pm

mvasey- I guess I'm the resident Taylor promoter for no other reason than I've owned three and simply think they are amazing guitars. Chas thinks I own stock in the company or something (I don't). I've yet to play any Taylor that didn't sound great and play wonderfully.

Your guitar is beautiful. I've seen a couple of them. Like you, I wouldn't be in any hurry to move on to any other guitar. You've got a keeper for sure!

Congrats on getting a great buy! There are some real bargains out there right now if you do your homework and are patient!

Cheers! :cheer:

goldleaf

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:33 pm

mvasey, I went on a tour of the Taylor factory (9/8/09) while on vac on San Diego. I saw a beautiful 614ce that had a tobacco sunburst finish with the Taylor wing inlay in the fretboard and it was one of the most stunning guitars I,ve seen. I usually like more plain guitars but this one was something else. I haven't had much luck tying to find out what a 512ce with that same finish would cost. I know they have a build your own program but you have to go through a dealer. It was a very interesting tour and you couldn't help but appreciate the combination of high tec machinery and hand craftmanship they use in making their guitars. I was very impressed. They have 2 sound proof rooms in their lobby that you can play whatever guitars they have on display at that time. I wish I had more time to spend there. Gary

tovo

Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:25 pm

mvasey wrote:
I have a Taylor 30 Anniversary Grant Concert that is simply wonderful. In fact, since I got it two years ago, I no longer have any urge to go looking for another acoustic - this is THE ONE!
Man that must be a sweet bit of wood! I just picked up a 410ce and I am officially a convert to Taylor, I just love the thing. As I said in my introduction post Australia's Maton is very popular down under (for quite obvious reasons) but I am just hooked on the Taylor. (I do have a Maton Mini which is awesome though) Big congratulations on your purchase.

lh7050

Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:07 pm

I'am new to this site but am enjoying the tightness of the group and the teaching... I purchased a 714ce LTD almost a year ago after a stroke changed my life. I bought it cause the combination of woods an design just made sense. I also agree with every one that Taylor has a wonderful product line with so many variations availibe. Now if i could only get Bob Taylor to build me a double neck 6/9 string guitar I'd feel like I had died an gone to heaven.Thanks for taking the time to write I enjoy your comments.

suziko

Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:20 pm

I just bought a Taylor Grand Concert 300 series a few months back. When I was at the store, the owner let me try out the Taylor 30th Anniversary GC. It sounded amazing and was incredibly beautiful to look at. Of course it was A LOT more than the regular GC3 which I ended up buying (and which also sounds amazing), and was definitely out of my price range. But it was fun to get a chance to play such a nice instrument.

Chasplaya

Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:57 pm

Hmmm is this site becoming TotallyTaylors.com or what lol...

BigBear

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:12 pm

Chasplaya wrote:

That has a nice ring to it!!! Informed people always flock to quality and Taylor has it in spades! :laugh:

Chasplaya

Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:37 pm

BigBear wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

That has a nice ring to it!!! Informed people always flock to quality and Taylor has it in spades! :laugh:
The Pied Piper story also rings bells lol or is that plays the flute! In NZ we say baaaaa sheep follow sheep...

BigBear

Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:58 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

The Pied Piper story also rings bells lol or is that plays the flute! In NZ we say baaaaa sheep follow sheep...

We have another saying over here too! "Everybody loves a winner!" :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic