Picks for acoustic guitars

AndyT

Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:29 am

Blue please...

quincy451

Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:05 am

Ok it's late...but I did a web search and could only find wegen picks. But simply if they get the string moving faster they will pull more sound from the guitar. So it is possible. But can you post a link so we can see one of these picks? I did see one wedge pick with holes in it like a paddle. The idea being I guess to get your finger moving faster because there is much restance pushing that pick through the air. But lets not forget that the pick needs to hold up firm when it hits the string and get it moving. Not bend around at the point of string contact. To that regard I have wondered about metal picks but have disgarded them without trying simply because I feel they will cause more string wear than the increase in sound you might see from them.

Good night people...

AndyT

Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:52 am

Wait a sec....
The pick pulls more sound by making the string vibrate faster?
Huh?
The frequency of the vibration is what gives it its pitch. Change that and you change the pitch. Now its getting into some sort of pseudo-science to make you want to buy it.

goldleaf

Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:14 am

My spelling error, It probably is Wegen and I don't think my Luthier was speaking pseudo anything, he tends to talk about guitars he also does other stringed instruments, in colorful term i.e. when you have your guitar set up just right is 'sings', you can feel and hear the depth of the tonewoods. Things like that. I just tell him, Yea thats what I want, not just a new set of strings but I want it to sing to me, when I strum I want he hear that sound being pulled out of the guitar, I just hopes it makes him concentrate a little more on my guitar when he is doing his set up procedure to by guitar. Gary

dennisg

Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:47 am

RicksPick wrote:
Hi Gary
I once herd that Turtle shell is the best material to use for a pick ??
Not sure where from thou'
Or why
That's probably why The Turtles were such a successful rock group.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

willem

Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:11 pm

AndyT wrote:
I would never ask you to buy me one! I'm shocked!
Besides, That's Bear's privledge.... ;)
Andy show your pick again

goldleaf

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Check out the variety of sizes, shapes and materials these picks are made of, draws the sound right out or your guitar? kinda like a rabbit out of a hat. Gary

www.wegwnpicks.com

dennisg

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:52 pm

goldleaf wrote:
draws the sound right out or your guitar?
gold, I think you misread it. What it probably says is that it draws the cash right out of your bank account.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

tovo

Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:42 pm

dennisg wrote:
goldleaf wrote:
draws the sound right out or your guitar?
gold, I think you misread it. What it probably says is that it draws the cash right out of your bank account.

- Dennis (in Seattle)
That made me laugh Mr Burns. Karma to you to get you square.

goldleaf

Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:10 pm

I just ordered 3 different types of Wegen Picks and another $8 Bull Horn pick from Pick City something?? I'll let you all know just how bad I got taken. I was surprised how many stores carry the Wegen picks in the US alone, somebody must be buying them. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic