Buying a guitar.....?

goldleaf

Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:21 pm

No,it has the patented D-TAR Wave, lock & load system where you put the batteries in by turning the end pin assemply 1/2 turn and drop 2 AA batteries in. You reach inside the sound hole to make the tone & volume adjustments which means no cut out in the side of the guitar. It should have the specs. in detail on the website in that post. It has awesome electronics. It converts the 2 AA batteries to 18v for better performance. Should be in the description I think? Yes, I just looked at that link and it goes into detail about the electronics on the "Contemporary Series" that model is the CV-1C. Gary

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:25 pm

Ok, now I see it. Thanks Gary!

goldleaf

Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:33 pm

I think I could get you one for around $1,800, w/ free shipping. The price goes up every couple months since you can hardly find them due to limited production in 2007 thanks to Fender the parent Co. Gary

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:50 pm

Gary that would be an amazing price. I'll get back to you if I can find one to actually play here! Thanks for the input.

goldleaf

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:34 pm

You are quite welcome. Good luck finding one to play. They were manufactured in Tacoma Washington in 2007 for about 6 months, so that's the good and bad. (The good) they are extremely high quality w/ 2 patented processes, the Graphite neck mounting system and the electronic system plus Guild used their top quality woods from their California factory combined w/the wood in the Tacoma Factory&mill for the "Contemporary Series", before Fender,(the parent co.) shut down the Tacoma Factory and moved Guild to Hartford Conn. in 2008. Since then Guild has their Guitars made in China the GAD series. So they are not rare but there were probably only several hundred produced, which is causing the increase in price as time passes. (The bad) they are very hard to find since they were handcrafted by Guild's best craftsmen and Luthiers in Tacoma WA., & Fender tends to go with volume which is easier to do in the Asian contries w/ moderate quality woods and other parts. But you never know, Guild has been around a long time and you may be able to locate one where you live. BTW, where do you live? Gary

reiver

Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:12 pm

wrt Lakewood Guitars

Acoustic Magazine here in the UK reviewed a couple of their models last month, the D-14G (dreadnought)and the M-24CPG (grand concert) Although these particular models are built for the UK only, the general opinion on the build quality and playability was good. They cost £1399 for the dreadnought (spruce top, mahogany b&s) and £1769 for the GC (cedar top, walnut b&s). Not sure how this convert to francs, but they look good value.

r

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:08 am

Gary I live near Zürich, Switzerland.
Reiver, those prices sound about right. The pund and the dollar are at record lows against the Frank so buying outside Switzerland becomes attractive.

goldleaf

Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:13 pm

I'd love to let you play that Guild CV-1C but that's one heck of a drive. I guess I could ship it over to you, wonder how much that would cost??. Gary

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:11 pm

That would be quite a drive, yes! Where about in the US are you Gary?

goldleaf

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:50 pm

I live in Grass Valley, California which is about 1 hour drive from Sacramento, our State's Capitol. It is a very nice drive up into the Pine Trees, it is a tourist area due to the 49er gold strike in 1849 and the mines and museums & quaint tourist attractions. Quite a lovely little town. I was born and spent my first 25 years in San Diego California, also a very nice place to visit for all it's attractions and great weather year round, but a very big & spread out City. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic