Practicing Whilst Driving

AndyT

Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:33 am

Also, include in all of them something that makes me want to practice more and more. Nothing like lots of practice to get better.

cabro

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:55 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:

And as you relax even more, you see in your minds eye (use an eye-max screen)
First off let me address the above. Chris, that's really bad. As to the topic at hand, I drive for a living and have been visualizing guitar work for years. I have even composed a tune or two on my mind's guitar, almost in their entirety. I have what I can only describe as a small projector in my head (not an eye max) that, from my perspective, projects images on the inside of my head only they appear to be farther away. I see everything in minute detail and can zoom in or out at will. It doesn't distract me from my driving. It's kind of like a separate function that runs concurrently with whatever I'm doing at the time. There's also an audio player in there but I think it's on the fritz. I'm afraid I'm not describing this very well but I'm kind of at a loss to quantify this thing.

Chris

willem

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:26 am

GREAT TOPIC HERE!!!!

willem

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:32 am

willem wrote:
GREAT TOPIC HERE!!!!

PLAY, SING, DANCE,,SLEEEEEEEEEP Image

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:38 am

Chris, that's really bad. As to the topic at hand, I drive for a living and
No problem Chris (other Chris)! If you are a practised visualiser then you don't need my tips. Anyway you do it is a "right" way. Sounds like quite a deep stet of inner focus you reach. And it's fascinating that you compose like that to... very advanced. The point is that the film you're visualising see should be clear and big is usually better. That was a closed eyes visualisation I suggested (may not actually have said close your eyes but..) so I really hope no one is doing that when driving!! We really see with our brain not our eyes (they just let the light in and focus it, sure) which organises the picture. And it's the visual part of the brain being used when you visualise too. So you can imagine that a lot of available RAM is going to be occupied!

helloworld

Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:21 pm

I practice my right hand strumming techniques while driving. I realize I must look like some sort of retard to people in other cars, but when a Song I dig comes on the radio, I'll try to strum along and keep perfect timing with my right hand.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:24 pm

Yeah, I find myself beating out the right hand rhythm at traffic signals and in traffic jams too.

helloworld

Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Yeah, I find myself beating out the right hand rhythm at traffic signals and in traffic jams too.
It's total fun and educational too! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic