Willy Porter & Guild 2007 NAMM

BRBbrb

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:25 am

goldleaf wrote:
Check out the range his guitar has.
"300" POSTS - CONGRATULATIONS! Image

goldleaf

Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Barb,Congratulations back at you we are both stuck at 300 maybe this one will put me at 301. Yes my guitars has 2 saddles, the willy porter signature series came with 2 finishes, sunburst, which Willy is playing and Natural which I have, same exact everthing else. I usually go with the Natural because I want as little varnish or paint on my spruce top as possible although sunburst does look nice. I feel lucky that I found that Wholesaler whose site I gave you. He is the one that got me a couple Guilds in absolute brand new condition for 1/3 or less the list price. He told me his Wholesale supplier got a request from Willy Porter directly cause Guild dosen't have any more of them and the Wholesaler only had a few left which Willy had to pay for since it wasn't from Guild directly. My luthier when he first saw it took it from his apprentice and said I'll work on that one. He usually tries to get John (his apprentice) to do the basic set up things. I asked what he thought I should ask for it he was hesitant but said he wouldn't sell it for less than $2,500 based on the woods they used and craftsmanship, bone saddle and nut, AAA (top grade of wood) Spruce Top. But the way it plays is what I noticed, there was a definite difference between other guitars I've played and this one. I'ts been at the Luthier for almost 3 weeks with 2 other guitars for a basic check up and new strings so I really haven't played it that much. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic