Somedays life is good

AndyT

Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:57 am

And somedays its great!
My job picked up over the last 2 weeks and I have not played my guitar in at least a week. I went straight from work to the shower to bed and then got up and did it all again.

Well, tonight (thursday) is my jam night with a couple friends at church. I went in expecting to miss every change and foul up all the strum patterns. But instead, I was leading all night long. I was right on the money 90% of the time and I was even able to do some singing also.

I read Chris and the others posting about 'silent learning' or whatever its called, but it made a huge difference for me. I Jammed man! I rock!

LOL!

willem

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:59 am

AndyT wrote:
And somedays its great!
My job picked up over the last 2 weeks and I have not played my guitar in at least a week. I went straight from work to the shower to bed and then got up and did it all again.

Well, tonight (thursday) is my jam night with a couple friends at church. I went in expecting to miss every change and foul up all the strum patterns. But instead, I was leading all night long. I was right on the money 90% of the time and I was even able to do some singing also.

I read Chris and the others posting about 'silent learning' or whatever its called, but it made a huge difference for me. I Jammed man! I rock!

LOL!
And i knew from the minute i met you,your the rockermister!!! Image

AndyT

Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:28 am

Rocker Minister! LOL!

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:26 am

Minister of Rock, I top my hat to you sir. Great moments, eh?

willem

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:19 am

AndyT wrote:
Rocker Minister! LOL!
What you like Andy, i was thinking mister or chap..rock it on...1-2-3-and, i take a little long ride on my moutainbike..until i'm ready...crazy little thing cald love,crazy little ting cald .....!

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:17 am

Awesome for you Andy! I have had similar experiences as well. I'll miss a few days due to my schedule, and when I finally get to sit down, I expect horror!!!!!!!!!

However, I can be pleasantly surprised at the results. That may be due to the fact that my expectations are low though....lol

Glad you had a good time.

Go Rockminister!!!!!!!!!! Image

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Well done to that Pluckin Padre!!
I expect horror!!!!!!!!!
Same here unfortunately sometimes that's what I get lol!!

Not always though thats happened to me before, its a great feeling..

goldleaf

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Andy, it's great to hear a positive story about how your playing is coming along. You do rock. Those are the types of things that make it all worthwhile. Jam on. Gary

tovo

Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:30 pm

A hard rockin' Preacher Man. That's the stuff to bring the flock in Andy! I can tell from your writing it was a joyous moment for you, very cool stuff.

Good on ya mate! :woohoo:

wrench

Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:39 pm

That's great to hear Andy.

When I was in high school, I had two friends who played the Rock Mass at a local church. I could not comprehend at the time the joy these kids had playing, and hordes of people who chose to go to that mass was very noticeable.

True joy. I'm very happy for you, my friend.

wrench

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic