Hooked!

cabro

Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Due to recent purchases by the wife, it was determined that I had accumulated enough grace points to buy a new toy. I was originally thinking about a travel guitar but got this instead today:

I love it and it's a blast. Cute little thing too.

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:51 pm

Hey Cabro you wuz robbed they forgot to give you two strings!! JK looks quite different and cool!!

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:06 pm

....now you're going to have to skip 1/3 of your notes on all your new songs Chris!

cabro

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:10 pm

I do that on the guitar already whenever possible.

Music Junkie

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Way to spend the brownie points. All mine get used up by the inflation here in the states (and at home).....lol

What are the specs on that sweet little toy?

Looks fun!

MJ

B)

cabro

Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:30 pm

The top, back and sides are solid trembesi wood, also known as Saman, Rain Tree, Monkey Pod, Giant Thibet, Inga Saman, Cow Tamarind, East Indian Walnut, Coco Tamarind, or French Tamarind.

* Ivory body binding
* Abalone logo
* Abalone rosette and fret dot inlays
* Satin finish

* Grover GH305 tuners with ebony buttons
* Tusq nut and saddle
* Aquila strings
It also came with a hardshell case and a lifetime warranty. It's a pretty sweet little uke. I played four or five others before I settled on this one.

Music Junkie

Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Nice! If you don't mind me asking, how much did your wife get to spend for this to be possible.....lol

cabro

Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Nice! If you don't mind me asking, how much did your wife get to spend for this to be possible.....lol
I have no idea but she didn't even flinch when I told her it was time. I'm guessing more than what the uke cost.

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:03 pm

cabro wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
I have no idea but she didn't even flinch when I told her it was time. I'm guessing more than what the uke cost.
If this were indeed the case for all, based on what my wife spends I would have a huge amount of credit sitting their right now , dare I suggest that lol...

Music Junkie

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:38 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
cabro wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
If this were indeed the case for all, based on what my wife spends I would have a huge amount of credit sitting their right now , dare I suggest that lol...
Absolutely not! That would triple the interest rate on anything you owed in less than a second....lol

Whatever the conversion rate is Cabro, I am jealous. That looks like fun!

Enjoy it and let us know what you think. Are you US or overseas? If US, what did that run you? Being lefty, I have to order everything, and I my interest has been piqued with the Ukes......

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic