What Songs Are You Working On?

itfc1959

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi Lisa

Currently working on Greg Lake's The Sage: very tricky and lots of difficult fingering. Worth the effort, though, as I've always wanted to be able to play it.

Romanza is tricky:don't give up/

Pete

lmc831

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:14 pm

hi Pete,

I like the Sage too, but it is a difficult piece for me. My problem is getting my left hand fingers to do some of those stretches. Wish i had longer fingers. But, I alway wanted to learn Romanza and I am sticking to it!

reiver

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Really struggling with the un-tabbed-kind-of-solo part of Rhiannon that Neil plays in the preview but doesn't explain. It's a barre at the 8th fret picking out melody notes then a barre at the 1st fret doing the same. I can play all the notes - "just not necessarily in the right order" (E Morecambe 1974). And hitting the barre clean at the 8th fret is tough.

Was intrigued by a discussion started by dennisg (i think) a couple of days ago referring to FMs Never Goin' Back Again. He posted a vid of LB and SN playing/singing quite recently - and it's different. Not only a bridge part - but different syncopation (possibly) in the tune itself. Made it more interesting so I'm gonna give that a go soon.

Also Needle and the Damage and Hey Hey My My.

r

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:34 pm

Good post Bear!

I'm "working" on Fire and Rain....still on the intro! This song is a challenge for me. I'm practising and maintaining Still the Same and Story in Your Eyes and If You Could Read My Mind. As soon as I can be bothered to re-tune my 12 string, I'll be bashing away at Question ... it really picks me up!

MJ do you have some nice notes for Green Eyes? There's chord change somewhere in the middle that always foxes me. PM.

Music Junkie

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:47 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
MJ do you have some nice notes for Green Eyes? There's chord change somewhere in the middle that always foxes me. PM.
Chris:

Check your PM. The chord changes are tricky for me right now, but they are getting better. Fingering the E/G# is kinda funky for me. Also, in the chorus, I think there is a borrowed chord (maybe something with a C# in the base - probably some inverted chord), and I am having a bear of a time finding it right now. When i get it down (hopefully after tomorrows lesson), I will let you know.

Cheers!

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:03 pm

Yup... thanks MJ. That's the chord I mean. Wasn't it the Moody Blues with In Search of The Lost Chord!

dennisg

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:26 pm

I'm just getting back into the guitar after being distracted by a few other things for 35 years. "Here comes the sun" seems about the right speed for an old fart like me.

- Dennis

aitch

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:31 pm

Norwegian Wood and Wish You Were Here

Chasplaya

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:45 pm

What Songs Are You Working ON? well how many songs in the TARGET programme would be about it ....

Too many really, although just gone back to Needle And The Damage Done.

mcfingers

Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:57 pm

This place has really gotten me off my butt with respect to practicing. Currently, I am working on a finger picking version of Hallelujah, fine tuning Black Bird, The Story In Your Eyes, Norwegian Wood, Yesterday, Pacing the Cage, and Mother Natures Son. Those are the songs I have been rotating through in my practice sessions. Many of those are songs I used to play but have gotten a little rusty playing them. Some of those songs I never really learned the lyrics. I just played them as instrumentals. I have added a long list of others that I would like to get to as well.
I have definitely found new life here at TG. It has reminded my how powerful music can be to balance a hectic life.

Now, along with the apple a day.... I make time to play.... guitar as well, :cheer:
Steve

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic