What Was Your First Guitar?

AndyT

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:40 pm

I had a Taylor and decided to burn it just because I could... (Just kidding Bear!)
First one was an Esteban cutaway A/E. It has really great sound but the action is outrageous. Its a wonder I kept playing. Now I have my Takamine and man is she smooth.

BigBear

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 pm

AndyT wrote:
I had a Taylor and decided to burn it just because I could... (Just kidding Bear!)
First one was an Esteban cutaway A/E. It has really great sound but the action is outrageous. Its a wonder I kept playing. Now I have my Takamine and man is she smooth.

I thought you kinda looked like Esteban in that avatar photo. Are you related? I know, you are missing the hat, right!! ROFL! :silly:

karl01

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:32 pm

First was a Fender Stat Second was a Fender Strat Third was a Les Paul Sold them all years ago BIG mistake. Now I just have two Acoutic's Tak and a Simon & Patrick.

Karl

Music Junkie

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:33 pm

mhaines wrote:
Martin Mahogany DM given as a gift. Finally learning how to play it
Hey man! Glad you posted! Welcome to the forums, and welcome to TG. Give us some background info on yourself over in the intro thread, and keep on posting. Also, have you had a chance to check out the groups? Some good ones here.

Cheers!

MJ Image

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:56 pm

My first guitar was actually my wife's. It was made by Coda (never heard of them) We just sold it this spring in a garage sale for $10 bucks.

Can't wait for someone on the forums to tell me that it was worth $1000 bucks or something like that!

:huh:

AndyT

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Al,
$10 ?!! I would have paid ten times that plus shipping! ...

LOL. Just kidding. Where did your wife get it?

__m__

Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:01 am

Mine was a cherry red Austin 6 string electric. Got it when I was 18, and think I paid about $120 for it and a little amp. Played it off and on for a while trying to teach myself something. Pawned it off for about half that about 3 years later after my first tour... Didn't get my Alvarez until about 3 years after that. Same thing, been playing it off and on, but more common than my electric. Just recently decided to come here to try to be more dedicated at it (structured training program). :)

Chasplaya

Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:25 am

What an amazing thread Estebans Codas and Austins... never heard of them and Taylors what are they lol jk Bear settle big guy lol..

Catman

Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:16 am

My first guitar was a banged up classical guitar that I rescued from a rubbish heap when I was about 12 or 13 and fixed up. This was my only guitar until I bought a new Yamaha classical guitar when I was 17 and which I still have).

heyjoe

Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:21 am

A no name fender strat copy, maple neck, sunburst body, played great felt great, wish I still had it. I traded it for a telecaster copy whioch would have sounded better if it had branches still attched and birds nesting in it :(

Many guitars later, and I have a strat copy again, an early 80's jap copy ( its almost identical to my original one) and my yamaha APX500 acoustic, and thats all I need.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic