New Electric lesson - Hotel California Lead

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 am

This is great! Thanks guys for the addition of this section to the site. I love the acoustic stuff so much, but it is a blast to bust out the amp and the electric axe and rip for a while. This is going to be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, BTW, it is FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!

MJ Image

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:31 pm

I'm with MJ its great to blow away the cobwebs and dig out the Riviera and play some blues loving it!

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
I'm with MJ its great to blow away the cobwebs and dig out the Riviera and play some blues loving it!
What model Riviera do you play Chas? I looked at those when shopping for an amp last year. Liked them, but finally decided on the Mesa Boogie Express 5:50. Really fun amp. In my dreams, I buy a Bogner Shiva, but $3,000.00 would cause me to sleep with the fishes.....lol Maybe someday.....

:laugh:

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:43 pm

Great song. Great lead..

This is one of the first leads that I learned with the Electric guitar. Two thumbs way up....

Mike

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:47 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
What model Riviera do you play Chas? I looked at those when shopping for an amp last year. Liked them, but finally decided on the Mesa Boogie Express 5:50. Really fun amp. In my dreams, I buy a Bogner Shiva, but $3,000.00 would cause me to sleep with the fishes.....lol Maybe someday.....

:laugh:
The Riviera is my Epiphone

See my photos

Its a 1995 2nd edition model quite rare nowadays, they brought them out again a few years back but without the Frequensator tailpiece. has mini humbuckers, I play it through a Fender Princeton 65

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
The Riviera is my Epiphone

See my photos

Its a 1995 2nd edition model quite rare nowadays, they brought them out again a few years back but without the Frequensator tailpiece. has mini humbuckers, I play it through a Fender Princeton 65
Duh...... I was thinking Rivera Amps..... Oops..... Image

syndes

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:08 pm

I really enjoyed Ajay's patient approach. Maybe he could do another video finishing up the Hotel California lead?

goldleaf

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:14 pm

After Ajay teaches us all the leads and riffs w/notation, it would be great if he could crank up his backup setup in his studio for percussion and bass and play the guitar backup like Neil does on some of his lessons where we have a chance to just practice playing leads and just jamming with his studio and his guitar back up. That would be awesome. He could jump in with his own leads to show us how it's really done, then go back to playing backup & we can see how much of what he plays we can pick up. Gary

vnaranjo

Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:42 am

So great to see some electric guitar solos on the site! I would like to see a tighter shot on the fretboard when the leads are being played. This would make it easier to follow along. Looking forward to more solos!

BigBear

Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:01 pm

syndes wrote:
I really enjoyed Ajay's patient approach. Maybe he could do another video finishing up the Hotel California lead?
Hey Syndes- Big welcome to the program! We're glad to have you with us! Your very first post (of many we hope!). I don't want to hijack this thread but can I ask you to slide over to the Please Introduce Yourself thread and tell us a little about yourself? Where you're from, any personal info you feel comfortable giving out, your musical tastes and where you are on your guitar learning journey ie. beginner or touring professional? We all really enjoy finding out how much we all have in common.

As you have probably found out already this is a great site with lots of great people and information. If you have any questions or we can help you in any way just let us know!

Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic