Why do you play guitar??

tovo

Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:44 am

I play because I am in my mid 40's and decided to do what I had always wanted to do...play guitar. I will never be great and never be famous but that means nothing to me. I can play. So what motivates you to pick up your guitar?

galsteien

Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:34 am

I play because it feels right. When i sit down with the guitar in my hands i just know im meant to do this.

I have a long long long road ahead of me.

Swapping from a life of programming to being a musician is goign to be huge but i have never felt as comfortable in front of the pc as i do when holding a guitar.

Yamaha48

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:29 am

Hello tovo.
I am also in the mid 40"s.
Two years ago starting with guitar playing.
It gifs me a good feeling in my live.
I love music,and i love singing.
Not for playing in a band,but for my self and the rest of the famely.
This year i have playing on a market.
The first 10 min i was nervice,but after it was great.

greetz Anton

galsteien

Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:36 am

hey dude well done!

Is that picture of you playing in the market?

I know many older folks will smile when theny read me saying "i know ill make it in a band" but its just a feeling a have deep down in me toes.

The thought of busking in the middle of a square or market is hugely appealing to me

I must be a showoff!

songman52

Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:57 am

Many reasons. Because I can? To cover up my singing? Seriously, because making music touches my soul, releases energy while energizing, and uses emotions. And of course the satisfaction of accomplishing a feat when I learn a new song or part.

songman52

Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:15 pm

tovo wrote:
I play because I am in my mid 40's and decided to do what I had always wanted to do...play guitar. I will never be great and never be famous but that means nothing to me. I can play. So what motivates you to pick up your guitar?

Couldn't have said it better.......I play for me.

Mike

songman52

Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:06 pm

I play out of the love of it. It is my enjoyment in life. My relaxation. I love playing and singing to this one wonderful lady. The love of my life. I would play for her all day with love and joy in my heart. And sing her love songs all day long.

Chasplaya

Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:25 pm

I play for me, if I can play for others and they actually enjoy it, that is a bonus. There is just something about all of a sudden getting a song or a riff down, instant gratification....

Plus you can take yourself off somewhere with the music and just chill!

Yamaha48

Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Hello galstelen.

Yah that is a picture on the market.
It was a big day for me.
I was also wakling around with my guitar.
And i had a performing sitting on a cher,and playing and singing with microfoon.
It was a good thing for me to do,also good for my confidence.

Musical greetz Anton

Guitarmom

Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Because I express myself through music. My spouse knows my mood when I grab a guitar or sit at the piano by the mode in which I'm playing. If its a melodic or harmonic minor, I may be down... if its an up tempo 12 string tune that I'm feelin' good. And yes I know that a feel good up song can be in a minor key... but it is the emotion that is put into it, that expresses a persons mood...

All in all music transcends all barriers of race, religious preference, language and and and...and what better portable instrument to use than a guitar... 0:)

Peace...

Rev Kate

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic