couple of questions for those of you in the TARGET program...

goldleaf

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:31 pm

Mattr, Glad you are with us. Yes Neil does teach theory but each lesson is broken down into 8 or so different parts, theory is one, so if you don;t want to listen to that part it's your choice. I have never been interested in theory but I am finding reasons that some of the theory is more interesting to me because it isn't forced on me and I can see how it helps in general. After hearing some theory enough times and how it applies to different songs some of it is starting to sink through this thick head.
The other thing is that TG is growing and changing, we just added an electric guitar part this week so as it grows there will be more choices for all types of players and ages and interests. TG is just beginning to develop an area of teaching guitar and maybe some other instruments so I think you made a good decision in joining now because I think the price will go up as the value of what is available to TG members increase.
One last thing. Many of the songs from the 60 & 70's that are on TG are done by musicians that are great song writers and guitar players so there is much to learn from them, and Neil teaches these songs so they can be performed by a single guitar player and singing is optional. I would be interested in what types of musicians or songs you would be interested that fall into your age group. I would like to listen to them and see what good musicians are performing currently, since I don;t have the time to listen to the latest music maybe you could give us some examples of what we are missing and what new music we could learn. I like all good music. Gary

mattroutley

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:37 am

Wow! I am shocked at the response from you guys and I really appreciate it. I will introduce my self in the right forum but for those of you who might be interested I am from the uk so my posts may well be up at funny times for a lot you!

One other thing I wanted to say is that I spent 3 hours playing along with neil last night and am really impressed with the site! I have learnt to play the first part of sleight of hand and also Ventura highway (Im a big fan of America) and I'm nearly up to full speed! The only down side is my fingers hurt!

Thanks again all, I'll head over to the other forums on my next lunch break!!

heyjoe

Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:15 am

Hello Matt

You've certainly made the right decision to join up. You've now got access to lots of great songs, multiple teachers, and a forum full of people who are willing you on to succeed in whatever guitar challenges you have set for yourself.

As for posting at strange hours, there are quite a few UK members on the site, so you'll not be alone

Joe

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic