Everyone should check this guy out!

mattroutley

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:50 am

I agree Andy, it does get a little monotonous which is why I posted up a different video. Personally I think it's a much nicer song and I like the way he jumps around the fret board

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:02 am

Drifting: Now that is one creative piece of guitar playing. Like Matt, I love the drifting all over the guitar to play the song. Love percussive playing!

goldleaf

Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:53 am

AndyT wrote:
Gary,
We lost our dog (he was more like our child) earlier this year in May. It was a serious blow to us. We loved him just like one of our kids.
Our pets, and especially dogs, love us unconditionally. And that's how Jesus loves us. Makes you think. Our prayers go out to you and Aldrich.
Thanks Andy, Alrich was bred and trained by Canine Companions. I received him in 2/97 after he completed his training, just before he turned 2. I had to go to Santa Rosa, CA fo 2 weeks for intensive training before he went home with me. Since then he has gone everwhere with me, work, vacations, meetings, airplanes, stores, restaurants, everywhere I went. Every one loved him. You could put a hotdog in front of his mouth and he would just turn his head he was so well trained & he could pick up a dime off the ground and bring it to me if I asked him. He was a special dog and I am going to miss him an awful lot. Thanks for your thoughts. Gary

bob65

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:08 pm

I found out about Andy McKee from this "little fellow" a very young Korean kid that is ONLY 12 YEARS OLD at this time ( unless he has had another birthday ). You must look at all the videos when he was 2-3 years younger, and watch how he has progressed. His friends on You Tube are some of the greats of fingerstyle playing. Watch this video of Andy Mckee's song that started this tread "Rylynn" and see how darn close he has played it. By the way, If I remember right, this kid figures out many of the songs with NO TABS! Incredible.

Someone asked about the partial capo, and it seems he uses different partials in some of his songs.

Hope this works, as I've never placed a You Tube Video before.

Bob J.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Hey, that kid is playing the Lakewood I've got my eyes on..... wonder if the ability to play it comes free with the guitar?

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:13 pm

Hey, that kid is playing the Lakewood I've got my eyes on..... wonder if the ability to play it comes free with the guitar?

At least two of the video's worked Bob.

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:16 pm

Jimmer wrote:
[quote]I was actually tongue-in-cheek, but it shows how little I know about TAB. You can actually tab the percussive part of this? Reminds me of the first time I saw Tommy Emmanuel play his version of Classical Gas - reran over the percussive part a zillion times to figure out WHAT he was doing... :-)

> Jimmer

bob65

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:25 pm

If a Lakewood guitar would make me play like that...I"d be running out to buy one! LOL

You can go to Sungha's site at http://www.sunghajung.com/xe/ to read about this kid that HAS to be reincarnated from some great guitarist...and

directly to the page about his guitars, including the Lakewood A48CP at:

http://www.sunghajung.com/xe/sunghasguitar

Bob J.

Lavallee

Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Yeah, Sungha is there to remind us mortal guitarists how miserable we are.

I need another beer :S

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic