New Pickup

AndyT

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:04 am

I finally broke down and did it. I installed a pickup in my guitar today. It's a piezo transducer. Nothing fancy at all. But at least now I can plug in
!HOORAY! And the best part is there no extra holes or anything. I just replaced the endpin.

BigBear

Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:27 am

AndyT wrote:
I finally broke down and did it. I installed a pickup in my guitar today. It's a piezo transducer. Nothing fancy at all. But at least now I can plug in
!HOORAY! And the best part is there no extra holes or anything. I just replaced the endpin.

Cool! What kind did you use? It's really fun to electrify your acoustic. It sounds completely different. I like putting a little reverb and chorus in the sound! :cheer:

AndyT

Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:49 am

This is just a plain Boston pickup. No effects at all. No preamp to even do EQ functions. Just plug it in and adjust from there. I do have an EFX box on my PC so when I plug into it I can add some cool effects.

KennyF

Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:47 am

AndyT wrote:
That's the way to go Andy. You can always EQ the guitar with outboard gear.

AndyT

Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:55 am

Kenny, No doubt. I have Guitar FX 3.04 and it is excellent. It costs $20. I can use any one of 13 different effects piled on top of each other 16 tall. So I can have 4 EQ functions each one tuned differently, Wah Wah, Delay, Flanger, Chorus, Echo, Delay, 4 different kinds of distortion... All very cool stuff. I plug my guitar into my notebook with the software, then plug the PC into the amp. Instant joy. Talk about a kid in a candy store! Now I have all the effects I'll ever need and still be on an acoustic so I can go anywhere with it. The best of both worlds.

I've been playing with it for the last 3 or 4 hours. I am really happy with this now. It made my Tak into about 50 other guitars!

Look out Ajay! I'm coming after those electric lessons!
:laugh:

Chasplaya

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:30 am

Way to go Andy, you'll be shredding in no time lol

haoli25

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:49 am

Can "Spirit In The Sky" be far away now? :laugh: I'm looking forward to that video. You are going to have a lot of fun with that setup! Congratulations.

Bill

AndyT

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:26 am

Yeah, I have to design and build a new carry case for everything now. A setup where I can plug in my notebook computer and just flip open a couple of lids, pull out my axe and plug it in. Hmmm.... A sound system on wheels.... Got me thinking now.. Gotta do some design work.

'Spirit in the Sky'! Oh yeah buddy! you know it!

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:01 pm

I'll join you on Spirit in the Sky Andy with my Tak plugged in .... I'm just checking out those effects you were talking about... where did you get 'em?

AndyT

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:44 pm

I'll try adding it here. If its too big then I'll provide a download link for it.

It was too big. Try this:

http://brutalizer.com/gfx_xp.zip

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic